electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Hitachi 50UX58B Dead w/ Red Light
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just picked up one of these sets for free. Same symptoms, no 120 V B+ E994 was blown. Substituted 2 amp fuse and fired it up.

At this point L702 blew out, this is in the Base feed for Q777 the flyback driver. I can't see any reason this would blow, Q777 seems to measure good. One item I question is T701 , primary measures about 40 ohms, secondary measures near zero ohms, is this correct?

Yep C707 has a pin hole in it.

I have ordered L702, C707, Q701, E994.

Anything else I should order at this point?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Just picked up one of these sets for free. Same symptoms, no 120 V B+ E994 was blown. Substituted 2 amp fuse and fired it up.

At this point L702 blew out, this is in the Base feed for Q777 the flyback driver. I can't see any reason this would blow, Q777 seems to measure good. One item I question is T701 , primary measures about 40 ohms, secondary measures near zero ohms, is this correct?

Yep C707 has a pin hole in it.

I have ordered L702, C707, Q701, E994.

Anything else I should order at this point?

This was my post, here's what I think happened, C707 originally failed shorted and took out E994. I put a fuse in in place of E994 and turned it on, saw a flash in the vicinty of L702 and surmised that was what failed. In looking closer C707 failed catastropically and sprayed burn material over L702, in reality I don't think there is anything wrong with L702 so that part was a wild goose chase. I have ordered parts and will replace the failed components and see what we have.

Jerry Martire

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: YIPPEE!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Very Happy

Replaced C707 and E994 and it's working!!!!!!!!

If anyone else has these similar symptoms, examine C707 closely as I could not see the damage until I actually removed it from the board.

This forum Rocks!!!!

Jerry Martire
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: YIPPEE!!!!!!! Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Very Happy

Replaced C707 and E994 and it's working!!!!!!!!

If anyone else has these similar symptoms, examine C707 closely as I could not see the damage until I actually removed it from the board.

This forum Rocks!!!!

Jerry Martire

Very Happy
unopposed

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: YOU GUYS ROCK!! Reply with quote

I just repaired my set by replacing C707 and E994.
Saved hundreds of dollars.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

The only downside is, I have to wait a while to replace the set with an LCD set. But that's ok, I'll end up saving money there too, as the price of those drops with time!

thanks again
christo
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have the same problem that you are describing here for our TV. We sent for a kit that contained the E994 and the c707. The part they sent does not look just like the E994. It is a blue-green 2 amp pico fuse. It doesn't have the red line on it. Is this OK to use? Should it look exactly the same?

Thanks.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IS SAME! Use it. Smile
dei1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Similar problem with a noticeable burn on another item Reply with quote

Greetings: I have a Hitachi 505bx70b, and have '0' experience with electronics of this calibre, but want to try and fix it myself (I know, this may be the first mistake!) Seems like I have the same symptoms as noted here. I visually inspected c707 and the other one (e994), with no visible problem. However, a large white cylinder object to the right and above of the e994 (when looking from the back) seems to have a burn mark on it's side. I don't know what number is associated with it, but could be R992.
The symptoms before the TV went out was what sounded like sparking in the back, and the picture was flickering. Then it went out.
If a photo would help, could someone tell me how to upload a photo?

I'm looking for the product number for each of these parts and if a newbie like me should even try to repair the R992 piece too. Also, does this R992 mean another problem?

Much appreciated.[/img]
UnixAdminNC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: You guys are the greatest!!! Reply with quote

I had the exact same problem with my Hitachi 50UX58B, took you advice and my tv is as good as now. Ordered from EnCompass and replaced C707 and E994. Thanks so so much.
jpb1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem on a 60UX58B model, replaced the C707 and the E994 (left leads sticking out and soldered to those) and works great! Thank you everyone!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия