electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio L32 tv power supply problem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anil Kumar

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: VIZIO LHD32 turned off suddenly Reply with quote

MY VIZIO L32HD has suddely turned off . IS it power board problem. If yes can you guys please guide us how to fix.

thanks
Anil
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $10.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
ResurrecTek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI, if your Vizio L32 has an amber power light and does not turn on, chances are that the main board is bad, not the power supply. This is a chronic problem in these sets and from my research, it seems the solution is to buy a brand new board (if you can find them) for more then the set is worth. They may just loose their programming and need to be re-flashed with the firmware but this seems like an impossible task also.

Has anyone had any success repairing these main logic boards? I have at least 3 sets with this board bad and would love to get them fixed and recover a little $ before prices fall any more and they are totally worthless.

As a side note, the service manual is not really any help at all for this problem where you have an amber light and no green light when pressing the power button.

If you do not get any power light at all, then you probably have a power supply problem, the manual may be of some help if you are experienced working with complex switching power supplies. If you have no experience/working knowledge of switch mode power supplies, then the service manual will do very little for you probably.

Also, if the power supply went bad, there is a very good change the main board was damaged also, or that if you not follow strict ESD procedures you will damage it, so be prepared for that if/when you get your power supply working.

Regards,

Mike
ck-x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Vizio L32 with a bad power supply... I have checked some things so far... When I plug the TV in, I can get the status led to turn from amber to blue (green) when I press the power button... I would assume by that the 5v housekeeping circuit is working... I have also checked the remote pin and it goes from 0v to 3.5v when i hit the power switch.. I run into problems when i check voltage across the C7 big cap.... You say "Normally the hi-side DC bus is about 180vdc across cap C1. When the remote pin goes high, Q1 starts getting pulsed via the 8-pin SMT chip under L1 and raises the voltage on L1 from 180vdc to about 375vdc. " I must be blind because I am not finding C1... I am sure it is there somewhere, I see C2, c3, c4, etc etc... Where am I missing C1? I am seeing about 423V across cap C7... Do you have any schematics on this supply or anything? Any help would be appreciated...
ResurrecTek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also....

The justmanuals.com manual advertised here that I bought DID NOT have a power supply schematic nor does it have a a theory of operation for the power supply, nor an inverter board schematic. it only has info on the main processor board and a parts list and pictorial diagrams for the set. (but that info is very detailed)

Vizio may not have released this, but for the problems here it will be of little use unless you have a detailed working knowledge of complex processor controlled boards, access to product specific test fixtures and specialized equipment for testing and troubleshooting VLSI surface mount chips.

If you are fortunate enough to find a bad chip, you will likely have to have access to complex surface mount removal and soldering equipment, it is not something you would be able to do on a kitchen table but something a high-end electronics shop would have.

Do not mean to burst anyones bubble, but just wanted to set expectations if you are planning on getting a manual so you are not disappointed.

Regards,

Mike
wcarthur

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:33 pm    Post subject: L32 won't turn on; yellow LED only Reply with quote

Thanks to RESURRECTEK for the tips on debugging the power on issue.
The problem I have is that the REMOTE signal doesn't go high. It's being held low by something; ditto for all the signals coming from buttons. They try to go hi (move up by a .1 v or so), but that's it.
The pullup resistors for these signals are working and have 3.3V on the other side.
I think the signals are connected to programmed I/O lines on the microprocessor, and the microprocessor isn't doing anything--no bus activity that I can tell.
Anyone know how to fix this?
Does anyone have schematics for the system board?
Does anyone know what signals should be present on the the test points?
Is there a test point for the reset signal and clock signal?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: L32 won't turn on; yellow LED only Reply with quote

Has anyone determined which part is typically needed for an amber light, but no power on? I've seen both the power supply and the main board mentioned, but I'd like to have the best shot at getting the right part.

My set would turn itself off intermittently and over the past couple of weeks, got more and more frequent until it just wouldn't power on at all. The amber light is on, but no response from the power button or remote.

I don't mind doing the work, but I don't want to buy a bunch of parts to throw things at it until it's working. Thanks!
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No manuals for TV's or most other electronics gear have schematics for the power supply.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
billha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck-x wrote:
I have a Vizio L32 with a bad power supply... I have checked some things so far... When I plug the TV in, I can get the status led to turn from amber to blue (green) when I press the power button... I would assume by that the 5v housekeeping circuit is working... I have also checked the remote pin and it goes from 0v to 3.5v when i hit the power switch.. I run into problems when i check voltage across the C7 big cap.... You say "Normally the hi-side DC bus is about 180vdc across cap C1. When the remote pin goes high, Q1 starts getting pulsed via the 8-pin SMT chip under L1 and raises the voltage on L1 from 180vdc to about 375vdc. " I must be blind because I am not finding C1... I am sure it is there somewhere, I see C2, c3, c4, etc etc... Where am I missing C1? I am seeing about 423V across cap C7... Do you have any schematics on this supply or anything? Any help would be appreciated...

I, also, have a L32 HTDV10A that had a failed power board. I replaced the power board, and now when I apply power the power led is amber. When I press the power button the led turns green and remains green for roughly 8 seconds and then it turns amber again. There are no other signs of life - the lamps never turn on. The output voltages on the power board look ok - 24v, 12v, and 5v. Others have mentioned that the 'main' board often fails. What board is the 'main' board, and can anyone tell me what parts typically fail on that board?
Thanks.
FRED_cagedog

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a JV50P, 50 inch plasma with built in jive suround sound. When i turn mine on, the light goes from yellow to a bright blue (or green) then fades out and makes a pop sound and then shuts off. Sound comes on durring this, but no picture. Other times, I get picture but no sound. If i leave it on this way for a while, I can usually turn it off then turn it back on and it works ok. Once it comes on correctly, it does fine, and has not shut off on its own (yet). Any ideas???? Seems likea power supply issue to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия