electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
E_w problem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the fixer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: E_w problem Reply with quote

Hello every one ,i have Grundig model 63-660NIC .After changing horiz.tranistor a problem of East West problem appeared(the edges of screen are small black curved shape).any one to guide me find what is wrong with this.Thaks in advance Smile
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like "Pincushion." Check components in that circuit.
thefixer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: e w problem Reply with quote

what do you mean by "pincushion" could plz explain more.thanks in advance. Smile
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it that you were able to change a horizontal transistor but you don't know what the 'pincushion' effect is? I'm not a TV tech and I know what it is. Google it.

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com
thefixer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: EWproblem Reply with quote

hello every one ! i am not good at english that's why i can say it in french ,is it " court circuit".thanks for appreciation.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is NOT:

A pincushion (or less commonly pin cushion) is a small cushion, typically 3-5 cm across, which is used in sewing to store pins or needles ...
thefixer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: E W problem Reply with quote

what's the relation ship between "pincushion" and East west problem? Rolling Eyes
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pincushion distortion is a common type of distortion in CRT monitors in which horizontal and vertical lines bend inwards toward the center of the display. The distortion is most noticeable at the edges of the display. Pincushion distortion is a divergence from the rectilinear projection in geometric optics where image magnification increases with increasing distance from the optical axis.
thefixer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: E w problem Reply with quote

thanks ,so i have to check every componet there it may be capacitor resistor etc....is there any special component which is responsible for this problem.any why i try to replace any componet i doubt.thanks again for explanation. Smile
torbjorn

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the E/W correction is made by a diode modulator, first check both diodes and the capacitors parallel to them. It is very important that those diodes are of the correct type, parameters like recovery time and so on must match those of the original diodes. Slow diodes intended for mains rectifiers will not work as E/W diodes even if their voltage and current ratings are correct.

Also, it is common that components connected to the midpoint between the diodes fail. In many cases there is a fusible resistor, or it might be a coil that can get overheated. The modulator driver - usually a small power transistor or an IC, can also get damaged.
If there is a coil with adjustable core in the E/W circuitry, you should after repairing the fault make sure that it is correctly adjusted (refer to the service manual for the chassis).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия