electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[email protected]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the same problem for a N3250. I'm not an electronic engineer and will attempt to fix my TV. Therefore I got the FSP2123F02 ($49.75)and now they have a harness 4WT0062302GP ($8.90) that will do a quick plug and play and will avoid any solder of the pins. That is my understanding can anyone corroborate this procedure. By the way I got both products from electronica-usa.com
[email protected]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed with the parts listed on my previous post from electrica-usa.com
Photos
A) new board on TV
B) new board and new 12 pin connector (plug and play)
C) old board
D) picture
Hope this help
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I try to load the list of photos above but could not loaded.
email me if you want the photos

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: n2652w Reply with quote

freshman wrote:
Hi All.

I have a viewsonic N2652w with a power supply that was dead
fsp212-3f01. caps 1500uf and 220uf were bullgy. repalaced the 1500uf
with 2200uf,
Q7 and R65 were badly burnt. replaced with unknown. now unit looks
good. I would not continue to use it untill i know the correct values of
those twe last components.

Someone know "please". Thanks. Very Happy

I have the exact same board. R65 & Q7 are both surface mount componets. R65 = 5R1 which is a 5 ohm res. Q7 = a
SZASZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: ZD4 VALUE Reply with quote

Hello,

I have the same problem Q7 shorted, ZD4 act like a rezistor.

Do you know the value from ZD4?

Thank you.
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair tip for Viewsonic N3250W or N3235W power supply Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad PEOPLE [SZASZ] JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ PRIOR POSTS (or just do a "Search" for "zd4"!)

"The answer to MY question couldn't possibly be there already." Evil or Very Mad

JRnTX wrote:
I just repaired an FSP 212-3F01 power supply in a Viewsonic N3250W. I have seen the same power supply listed for the N3235W. This one was totally dead with no 5V standby present. The problem was a shorted internal voltage regulator made up of Q7 and ZD4. The Q7 is a SOT23 size device and appears to be too small and over heats in the design. In this case it shorted from the over heating and that caused ZD4 to fail and shut down a 15V bias supply on the power supply board. I replaced Q7 with a 2N4401 to give it more power capability. Any small NPN transistor with a 25V or higher Vce rating will probably work. ZD4 is a 15V zener diode. Note that there appear to be two or three power supplies used in these TVs. This fix may also apply to similar FSP power supplies such as the FSP 228 but that has not been verified.
manuel0630

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: power supply board Reply with quote

I have a N3251w model with a defective power supply board. i have been informed that this is the most probable cause. Replacing this part is not that difficult or is it? What should i watch out for to do this correct?
minnie-me

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Viewsonic N3252W power bd info Reply with quote

I acquired this set from someone who had butchered the cable from the power bd to the inverter bd. Can someone please supply me with the color codes of the wires going to the power bd from the inverter, and signal info if possible. Thanks.
beamik

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: best replacement psu board Reply with quote

Alain, hope you are well. I must say I am impressed at your investagations regarding the power supply and IC’s on these viewsonic tv’s. I am beamik, you replied to my post on January 2008. forum.eserviceinfo.com/viewtopic.php?t=29325&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

I ended up purchasing a power supply directly from viewsonic for $88 USD… The tv has been working great for the last 1.6 years (so far so good)

I have now come in possession of ANOTHER N3251W viewsonic tv and (surprise) it has the same exact issue.

I am seeing that most of these tv’s have the same power supply which was originally manufactured with some faulty components – possibly the entire production run, and therefore, viewsonic is hurting now as a company, due to quality control issues.

Anyway, I have found many power supplies, the best deal seems to be here:
electronica-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EU&Product_Code=FSP2123F02

with the purchase of the harness for plug and play.

Do you know of the performance of this replacement board? Would it be worth the extra money to purchase the original replacement such as:
cgi.ebay.com/Power-Supply-4H.B0280.001-For-Viewsonic-N3251W-32%22-TV_W0QQitemZ320393079123QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090706?IMSfp=TL090706128012r33745

Thanks again for your help.

Mike
n3250

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Q7 Reply with quote

Hello, Does one knows the value of Q7 for a n3250w pls. Thank you
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair tip for Viewsonic N3250W or N3235W power supply Reply with quote

Sounds like I keep having to repeat myself ...

jts1957 wrote:
Evil or Very Mad PEOPLE [n3250] JUST CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO READ PRIOR POSTS (or just do a "Search" for "Q7"!)

"The answer to MY question couldn't possibly be there already." Evil or Very Mad

JRnTX wrote:
I just repaired an FSP 212-3F01 power supply in a Viewsonic N3250W. I have seen the same power supply listed for the N3235W. This one was totally dead with no 5V standby present. The problem was a shorted internal voltage regulator made up of Q7 and ZD4. The Q7 is a SOT23 size device and appears to be too small and over heats in the design. In this case it shorted from the over heating and that caused ZD4 to fail and shut down a 15V bias supply on the power supply board. I replaced Q7 with a 2N4401 to give it more power capability. Any small NPN transistor with a 25V or higher Vce rating will probably work. ZD4 is a 15V zener diode. Note that there appear to be two or three power supplies used in these TVs. This fix may also apply to similar FSP power supplies such as the FSP 228 but that has not been verified.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 9 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия