electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba LCD 42HL167
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enoughtobedangerous2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Toshiba LCD 42HL167 Reply with quote

TV developed Black vertical line on right side of screen from top of screen to the bottom. about 6 inches from frame and about 1/2 inch at widest point.
On the left side of screen TV developed the same line same location only its bright not black. Both are seen in the menu. bypassed cable box and surge arrestor, I have tried unplugging from 30 seconds to several days lines are still there.
TV was purchased in May/07. Toshiba knows nothing about the problem.
Anyone have any ideas what needs to be done. If anything? Rolling Eyes
minnie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They know nothing my ass that series is all bad panels. The black line you see is mura.
enoughtobedangerous2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Toshiba Reply with quote

I agree 100 % minnie. I did my home work before I called and this guy at Toshiba had the balls to tell me "he knows of no issues with theses sets" Shocked by stroke of luck (since Toshiba refuses to help) I found I actually for the first time in my life I purchased a repair/replacement warranty with Circuit City when I bought it and it's still under warranty. Minnie what exactly is involved in fixing the set a panel sounds like the whole set to me. I wonder how, or if I could make them replace it. what would you do to fix this set and how much would it cost? Long time since we last spoke. You helped me fix that hitachi rear projection which is still kicking.. Very Happy
look forward to hearing back from you..
Tom
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

part #75008473 $1,175.62 remove the back remove bracket holding digital main board and power supply, remove panel put new one in reassemble. 45 minutes. 2 problems, who's honering circuit citys warranty and Average Cost: $1,056.43 so the repair exceeds the value of the set. It should be replaced (the set). Call and ask Toshiba why their raping on the cost of the panel. If it was a samsung the panel would be $400 something. Let me know what happens!
enoughtobedangerous2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Yikes..... Reply with quote

Ok well as always minnie I value your information. I just set an appointment for this Thursday for a local Toshiba repair shop to come out.
I am almost tempted to show him this thread, just to prove I'm not totally naive. This is going to be interesting on how they handle it.
I'll certainly keep you posted...
enough2bedangerous2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Looked up that part # Reply with quote

Big difference between used and new panels. I wonder if they will replace it with a used panel? I don't see anything in my extended warranty saying they can or can't use a used panel. Of course I want new..The warranty company is City Assure/City Advantage. I dealt with this company on a laptop issue. They stink. Sad
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him you want new! Tell him your not an idiot and the repair exceeds the value of the set!
enough2bedangerous2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Toshiba. Reply with quote

LOL....TV guy was here. let me tell you he was a real winner. I was half asleep when I walked into the living room he had no tools of any sort.
He tells me its burn in.....because the lines are where the borders are when your watching standard TV. I disagreed. I told him Ive had the HD package since I got the set and watch a ton of HD stuff. I showed him on a blank channel lines across the entire screen about every 6 inches or so, not as bad as the one on the right. He stated that happens because the TV viewing the display was bad but I didn't like the way he was eluding to the fact that it was the way I watch TV that caused it. He got very uptight when I defended my tv habits. He said well it doesn't matter either way I'm going to recommend replacing the panel which would exceed the cost of the TV so most likely they'll replace the set... I didn't care for this guys attitude one bit. I am suspicious if when he tells the warrenty company the display is bad, and they ask him to be specific, will he say its because I watch TV in standard mode..this is silly. I know all about burn in.
OldIBMer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole thread leaves me wondering what the truth is regarding "burn-in" on LCD's. The concept of mura is pretty clear, but that does not seem to explain residual images. Does anyone know for sure if/how residual images are formed on LCD's? It has been widely reported that LCD's do not suffer from it!

"Burn-in" by any other name is still "burn-in", to my way of thinking.
Question
minnie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they burn in but mura is mura.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия