electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Fuse?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHELDONS TV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: TV SET REPAIRS Reply with quote

Very Happy If you are in any doubt as to your ability to undertake any tv repair-dont!!!
There are certain aspects (safety wise) that you should be aware of.
First ,isolate the line op stage by either removing the lopt ,or removing the line op transistor or removing the feed to the line op stage
Power the set, and see if you get any response-check the ht supply is in spec-if there is no ht supply,switch off set,set meter to ohms range and check for shorts from rectifiers on secondary side to ground
You may find you have a short on the ht supply due to an avalanche diode sc-in which case you should check components on the primary side of the supply -you may have excessive ht
If the set shows some life the smps is working (check ht) the fault is in the line stage
There are various (and many!!!) reasons for no line stage operation from lopt to line transistor failure .....too many to list here ,i would be here all day!!!
DONT CONNECT ANY TEST EQUIPMENT UNLESS YOU USE AN ISOLATION TRANSFORMER!!!!!!!
Also check the degausse posistor ,that may have failed...
regards mike
email =sheldonstv!fsmail.net
SHELDONS TV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: email Reply with quote

email is [email protected]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Horizontal deflection transistor Reply with quote

how do you check the main fuse on this set? anybody know?

Mark wrote:
If mains fuse is OK, i assume that horizontal deflection transistor is short-circuit.

Is there any sound near switch-Mode power supply ?
If you hear low fuzzy sound near power supply, it is quite sure that those transistor is blown.

If your set is totally quiet, and fuse is OK, failure is power supply.

You have to be carefully because after rectifier there is electrolytic capacitor where is abt 330VDC if there is no load for power supply.
absorbentgnome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: kv-27v45 Reply with quote

ha wrote:
el fuego wrote:
How did you make out with your TV
I got the same problem ( no power at all )

Ha ha I hope it was switched on!
JAC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Pansonic CT36SX12F Reply with quote

Hey...forget about it. I have the same TV in the shop right now and they are telling me it's the main 84 pin Micro processor that blew. They say it may have been a surge. I don't beleive that but that's the breaks.

It's not a fuse and it's costing me $285 to get it fixed. Merry Christmas. The TV is only about 3 yrs old as well. Tough luck with this one...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия