electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
rca 52' " rear projection
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jts1957

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the info on your original cap is listed in chart.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found 1 more issue I must deal with removing the board. While looking in the back of set, left corner closest to end (closest to end whilw looking in) I have a heavy Red line and a smaller Black wire going into a large unit tied into the board. It must be unplugged in order to slide the main board out to solder the new capacitor. When I follow the lines, they go to the forward (screen) side to another board somewher ( I cant see where) This must be unplugged. On the top of this assenbly, it has "Pulse" on it. I looks like it cannot be removed from this component as the 2 wires appear to be part of the assembly. Any ideas on how to get this undone so I can slide the board out?
Dan the Tv man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: RCA 52-3 BLINK REPAIR Reply with quote

You are talking about the flyback transformer wire,The trans former looks like a car coil.Cut these wires as close to the top of the transformer as possible.Order a new transformer#259296.You will need a soldering iron,solder removal tool and solder.Replace all the bulged capacitors in the power supply.Remove the old transformer.Youmust use a solder removal tool,or solder removal braid as not to damage the foil where the transformer pins are soldered in the board.Install the new transformer,trim the red and black wire insulation,so ther is about a half inch of wire showing.Push the wires in the top of the transformer till they catch.Wrap them with electrical tape where they go in the transformer.Replace the board back in the tv and fire it up.If it doesnt work ,you missed some bulged capacitors.You can buy the parts cheap at MAT electronics website.
wjd03

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: thanks Dan Reply with quote

Thankyou Dan, I have replaced the 3 caps that were bulging and now I have to replace (and order ) the flyback transformer. It appears there are multiple pins to unsolder on the flyback. Are the ones numbered the ones to de-solder? I dont have the new flyback yet and I wont do any work on it until I have the new one. I am very carefull on what I do as I dont want to create more work and questions.....
Thanks for your knowledge and any support that comes my way.
wjd03

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:38 pm    Post subject: RE Reply with quote

Hey all, thanks to this great community, I have ordered caps and flyback and soldered them in. I have power and am able to get to the menu to work on convergence, but that is not helping yet. I have very little video. Hard to explain, not a pretty picture (LOL) not even a picture yet. Squiggly lines and dark screen with some shadow. I think I did a good job on the solder and did'nt mess with much else. I did remove the Black line from the flyback to the front of the set (I was'nt aware the Red and Black wires were supposed to be removed from the Flyback before I started working on it) however I did remove the Red from the flyback prior to removing the tray. I am pretty sure I have all connections back in their place, but I have to fine tune this puppy to watch it. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия