electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Toshiba 32C3035D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maynagl

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 32C3035D Reply with quote

Hi- am new to this forum- would anyone help me by suggesting any known faults which might cause this set Toshiba 32C3035D (LCD 32 inch with same PSU board as the 37 inch 37C3035D) to have just sound and no picture on all sources. I believe it's PSU related and the board there is PE0391 (V28A00053101). When the set is powered up it flashes for 2-3 seconds the source (eg DTV or VCR etc) on top left of the screen as if starting normally. It then starts a fizzing sound from the rear of the set for about 5 seconds before a brief pause and then fizzing again so maybe is sensing an over-current condition and shutting down....Any suggestions or known fault conditions appreciated. The PSU board has chip STR-Z2467 on it.
minnie

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the panel staying lit? Take the back off and see if the panel stays illuminated or take a flash light to the front of the panel and see if you see movement.
kinaylor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:30 pm    Post subject: 32C3035D same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem - same model about 18 month old . Any joy in solving. What about cost of repair?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check for bulged caps on the inverter and power supply in both cases. It's a UK model I can't pull a print.
maynagl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:01 pm    Post subject: The Toshiba TV repair 32C3035D Reply with quote

The problem is due to 2 inverter boards, one of which goes faulty. The cost of the 2 boards as a pair is around £110 from ChasHyde in the UK (CHS). Donberg in Ireland supply the usual offending board (right hand side- also called IPS) separately for about 89 Euros plus VAT. However I obtained both boards on ebay for about £39 for the pair out of a TV with broken screen.

Problem is after 3 months we are back to square one- buzzing sound from TV with sound ok and no picture, inverter board damaged again. Toshiba recommend keeping the TV plugged in and in standby always so I reckon it's voltage transients from the PSU killing the inverter boards. CHS also say they only supply the inverter boards as a pair as recommended by Toshiba. Reckon they've upgraded the spec of the inverters too but no one will confirm that. Also wonder if mine blew again because they weren't a pair?

Repair expensive and not recommended unless you like a challenge!!
Guest_Colin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Toshiba 32C3035D - sound OK - blank screen Reply with quote

minnie wrote:
Is the panel staying lit? Take the back off and see if the panel stays illuminated or take a flash light to the front of the panel and see if you see movement.

I have Toshiba 32C3035D too that developed the same problem yesterday - sound OK but no picture. Out of G'tee.

I have just done the check with the torch as suggested by minnie and the picture is actually there, so it would appear the panel is not staying lit.

What steps should I take to diagnose further to effect a fix.

Thanks - Colin
ohm supplies

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: INVERTER REPAIR KIT Reply with quote

Just to let you know, there is a repair kit for these boards, in this case KIT62.

It includes the ic, 4 mosfets and the 2 capacitors. The main fault being that the ic can burn up taking out a few if not all of the mosfets.

regards
Andy
Guest_Colin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohm supplies wrote:
Just to let you know, there is a repair kit for these boards, in this case KIT62.

It includes the ic, 4 mosfets and the 2 capacitors. The main fault being that the ic can burn up taking out a few if not all of the mosfets.

regards
Andy

I have one of these sets that developed the same problem a while ago.

No backlight but image there.

I went in with my meter the other day.

The inverter board receives 24 volts from the PSU. F201 is a 5amp SMD fuse near the power connector on the board - this was blown. Replaced it with a miniature wire ended fuse and powered up. The fuse blew again. Checked the Mosfets with the meter and 2 of the 4 are cooked - Q201 and Q204. The output transformer on the board looks good with no scorching. In fact there is no sign of overheating anywhere on the board.

OHM SUPPLIES - where is kit62 available from please and do you have any idea of the price.

Alternatively does anyone know a source for the inverter board - THERE IS 1 ONLY.
The board is marked with the following HPC-1655E and HIU-813-S.
There is a paper label that says HRevF-79S7-0939.

BTW the mosfets are marked 1H29SP......FDD.....8447L. I've had no joy Googling the mosfets.

I don't have an SMD solder station so might be a bit stuck there for the IC.

Thanks for any info - I'll monitor the thread.

Colin
Guest_Colin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh - just removed a metal plate from the other side of the set and there is a second inverter there. Looks same as the other.
Need to start metering that one now.

Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Sorry for not replying sooner,

Ohm supplies design and sell the kits, I can't put a link directly on here but Google will list us.

regards
Andy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия