electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV32XBR10 Problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DLarsen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject: Sony KV32XBR10 Problem Reply with quote

I purchased this Sony KV32XBR10 new back in 1990. Over the 15 years of ownership, I've experienced 2 minor problems in the past that required a service call. Now the TV has developed another problem and was wandering if anyone can provide me with any type of advice on the likely cause and degree of difficulty in repairing.

The problem occurs when the TV is turned on. The problem is intermittent; usually occurring 75% of the time when the TV is turned on. Once the picture is visual; the color will begin to fade to black and white and then the picture jumps for a second or so (like it wants to change to a different channel). The picture then returns to normal color. A static type sound is hear from the TV speakers when this occurs. This condition will repeat itself cyclically over a 10 - 15 minute period and then will resume normal operation. This only occurs when viewing TV channels (via cable). If I use one of the other inputs (Video 1, Video 2, Video 3 for VCR input, DVD input) the problem is not present. This problem doesn't happen any other time during operation; only on startup. Also, when I change the channel during this condition, the transition to the new channel is not normal (not smooth, without static).

Any thoughts??? Thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Sony KV32XBR10 Problem Reply with quote

Hello,

All the old Sony tv sets have a problem with bad contacts.
In your case it is most likely the tuner board.
On this board you have the tuner, an audio board, and a mid frequent board ( shielded !)
It is this board that is likely causing the trouble.
You will have to solder this board out of the tuner board., open the shielded protection and resolder everything, especially the various coils.
On the text board next to the tuner board there is an orange foil trimmer ( 14-22pF ) that sometimes gives trouble with the picture switching to black and white. Please replace this foil trimmer with a ceramic non ajustable capacitor of 15 pF.
I hope this helps.
Greetings
Jeroen Hartman
apr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: SONY KV 32XBR10 Reply with quote

I have a SONY KV 32XBR10 Television. The service mode opens every time I turn on the television. Is there another method of getting out of the service mode?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия