electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony AE5 Chassis Nightmare!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newtech

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Sony AE5 Chassis Nightmare! Reply with quote

Sony KV28FQ75A (AE5 Chassis).
This set came in with a blown chopper IC and 0R1 resistor and blown 2SC5480 Line Output transistor. All other HV Semiconducters looked OK.
It looked like the 2SC5480 could have been dry jointed at it's base lead.
I replaced all the items only to have them go down like a pack of cards in a second or two.
After checking everything I could, I concluded the LOPT was probably the cause.
I replaced the chopper IC and resistor, and checked the PSU on a dummy load...everything OK at 135v.
I then fitted a new Line Output transformer and 2SC5480 and switched on.
This time a healthy rustle of EHT followed by the station sound.
My relief was short lived though when I saw that the picture was very narrow with no E/W correction.
I have replaced the other 2SC5480 and also Q6806 (FET) with no difference.
Going into the service menu and adjusting the width etc has no effect.
This set is driving me nuts!
It's also very difficult to check waveforms etc due to short connections to the second chassis PCB.
I would be most grateful if anybody has any ideas?

cheers

Thoroughly Sickened Tech
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия