electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
PSU eval. # n3252w View Sonic, Model vs11335-1m

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctops.legal

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: PSU eval. # n3252w View Sonic, Model vs11335-1m Reply with quote

This PSU looks new, being there is no service manual to d/l that I can access (other than the scam sites), the power light comes on after hard reset then blinks green, bad PSU right ?, well looking at the main board (2006) the general continuity testing turns out ok, the specs are as follows:
PSU outputs: 12 pin output to main board, and 10 pin output to video.
PSU has no part# that corresponds to any posts here or in Google groups, I can clearly see the scratch marks where the PSU has been replaced and/or looked at by the face plate, I don’t want to purchase an replacement PSU to find out it’s some other problem that’s not feasible within the client’s budget to find I can’t return the PSU for a refund.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, also I suspect a problem with the inverter based on the “power on response” which is very similar to a PSU failure.
Description, press power LCD try to start then goes off and the green power light blinks green.
Please email me directly I will compliment my findings to this forum.

Curt

PSU--> http://img100.imageshack.us/i/dscn0178q.jpg/
ctops.legal

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Re: PSU eval. # n3252w View Sonic, Model vs11335-1m Reply with quote

ctops.legal wrote:
This PSU looks new, being there is no service manual to d/l that I can access (other than the scam sites), the power light comes on after hard reset then blinks green, bad PSU right ?, well looking at the main board (2006) the general continuity testing turns out ok, the specs are as follows:
PSU has no part# that corresponds to any posts here or in Google groups, I can clearly see the scratch marks where the PSU has been replaced and/or looked at by the face plate, I don’t want to purchase an replacement PSU to find out it’s some other problem that’s not feasible within the client’s budget to find I can’t return the PSU for a refund.
Any suggestions would be appreciated, also I suspect a problem with the inverter based on the “power on response” which is very similar to a PSU failure.
Description, press power LCD try to start then goes off and the green power light blinks green.

Curt

The PSU looks like a 2200232015p Rev. 1

A google searched turned up 2 (out of stock), the Unit was sold in 2007, any idea where to find a new PSU ?
ctops.legal

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: PSU eval. # n3252w View Sonic, Model vs11335-1m Reply with quote

ctops.legal wrote:

Curt

I tryed to post a response concerning the fact that the service manual did not list nothing about the PSU, anybody alive here ?
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.Crying or Very sad
Just like on "Lost," we're all dead already.
ctops.legal

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Nope.Crying or Very sad
Just like on "Lost," we're all dead already.

Response from View Sonic:

Dear Sir,

I just received word from our main office about your enquiries of 05/13/2010. I'm sorry, but there is no service manual just for the PSU. ViewSonic can ensure that parts you order are tested before being shipped, and they do indeed come in the anti-static plastic bag. You would simply have to contact us and give us your order number so that could be done. But please place the order early in the week, so we can be sure to reach the shipping department before they send your part. If you place the order on a Friday, for example, the part may ship before we have a chance to ask them to test it first. Also, we cannot test the part that was in the TV in your shop unless you send us the entire TV for our Out Of Warranty repair process, which would defeat the purpose of you repairing it, wouldn't it? If I may assist you further, please don't hesitate to let me know how. Thank you for choosing ViewSonic.

So what is the deal guys there original manufacturer part is discontinued on a 2007 model, there specified replacement power board does not list the manufacturer, somebody built the board right ?

PB--> http://yfrog.com/3dpowerboardj
minnie-me

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Viewsonic power supply Reply with quote

Do you get any voltages from the power board when the set is turned on? You should find a standby 5 volts when it is off, and 5, 12 and 24 volts when it is turned on. Any swollen caps on the power board?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: Viewsonic power supply Reply with quote

minnie-me wrote:
Do you get any voltages from the power board when the set is turned on? You should find a standby 5 volts when it is off, and 5, 12 and 24 volts when it is turned on. Any swollen caps on the power board?

Actually found the replacment board with/ the adapter cable for 50 bucks at RamBus.com, the original p/w boards were faulty and were discontuned, I foung the 2007 LCD tv at the road in a nice hood,, the indications from the power-on to the blinking green light points to a PSU, after I get the new one and it still does it there some caps. that go bad on the top, thanks for the response.
jocanas

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: VIEWSONIC N3251W Reply with quote

Hi, i saw that you got a part from Rambus.com..was that the powersupply? My tv is dead.. no power what so ever..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Check another thread Reply with quote

Search this site under your TV's power supply part number. Most of those sets used FSP212-3F01 as power supplies. You will find another thread that is 18 pages long so I won't try to summarize it for you here. You should find a solution for your power supply problem in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : ïúòåøåñòâèÿ