electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
HDD image for Bose Lifestyle 48 (AV48)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DMC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bose HDD Replacement/Repair Reply with quote

JLD,

Contact me by e-mail [email protected] and I will send the files directly to you.

Regards,

DMC

[quote="JLD"]My drive is dead and squills like a rat on power up/down. Would you be willing to ISO the image so I could burn it to a new drive?
Gorony

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so I grabbed a drive from insightcomputer (even though they advertise it with the Bose part number it's a blank, unformatted drive). I partitioned it per the instructions above, and now on bootup I have an 802 error (the old drive was completely frozen, 801 and 802 errors, no activity at all in an external dock).

Having put the new drive in I notice that the unit itself created 6 files in the data directory, not sure what they are (settings?). It won't store a CD (constantly scrolls 'accessing gracenote database') and won't take a software update cd (it says the music db is ok, even though there isn't a database on the drive at all).

Anyone actually gotten installing a 3rd party drive to fully work including the database and storing music? Can the files from an update CD be directly copied to the 'new' drive in a dock? Any way to force the unit to process the update CD regardless of the current software on the system and build a new database? Does anyone have a 'base' image from a drive including a CDDB without any stored music? Is that what the 2nd partition is used for?

Hints/tips would be appreciated,
Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Formatting new drive Reply with quote

Hi DC - did you format the second partition of 8197MB or leave it RAW?

I've contacted the sevice agents again and they have refused to send me a new disk for me to install. They're insisting I send the head unit and make no promises about copying the music I have saved to a 'clone' to a new bose disk. I am determined to exhaust all possibilities before handing over my hard earned cash to these stealers.....
jafromwi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: anyone have the files still Reply with quote

I am looking for the files if anyone has them email is wiinstantrepair@gmail
jafromwi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: WORKING SOLUTION Reply with quote

Everything that was said to do by dc works except for his files. I got the full files and they included a database that is needed to store and play music. I have everything on a DVD. Files are over 1GB.
B50

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Bose AV48 HDD initiation files Reply with quote

Hi DC,
Please email me those 6 files to initiate HDD for Bose LS 48 at [email protected]. Thanks you very much.
B50

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: WORKING SOLUTION Reply with quote

jafromwi wrote:
Everything that was said to do by dc works except for his files. I got the full files and they included a database that is needed to store and play music. I have everything on a DVD. Files are over 1GB.

Hi jafromwi
Is there a way that you can send me those files for Bose HDD initiation? Really appreciate.
LUXmen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WORKING SOLUTION Reply with quote

[quote="jafromwi"]Everything that was said to do by dc works except for his files. I got the full files and they included a database that is needed to store and play music. I have everything on a DVD. Files are over 1GB.[/quote]

Hello,
Please send me your email on danimarc at pt.lu so I'll contact you for uploading me the Bosefiles!!
Thank you in advanced!!

Best regards

Marc
Soong

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: help. need link for image file Reply with quote

Thanx guys!! This thread has been really helpful.
I am currently in South Korea and i went to Bose Service Center in Seoul where they told me to pay over $250 dollars for hdd replacement. I told them NO im not paying that much for some outdated IDE 40g drive.

I bought a used Hitachi 40g HDD IDE-E for around 20 bucks,
and I'm currently looking for the IMAGE FILE.

plz help me. where can i download the image file?? i've been looking all over the internet: google, pirate bay, isohunt, etc. Still no luck in finding the file.

can someone plz give me a link?

[email protected]
Polon_us

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to DC's posts I was able to get new HDD working with my Lifestyle 38. I should mention that original HDD was about to fail, but I could make a copy of all files.

Thanks DC, you help a lot!!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия