electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Yamaha RX-V650 won't power on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Yamaha Rx-V995 Reply with quote

What would be the equivalent capacitor in the RX-V995? Is it the one near the relay?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like C405 is in a similar position in the RX-V995, as C405 in th RX-V650. In the 995 the service manual calls out a Mylar, 0.01 uF x 50V. This unit powers up about 1 in 100 times hitting the power button, then it will stay on for at least a week, which is what it's up to now - just staying on! I suspected the relay (RY401), but couldn't find a replacement anywhere, and then I found this thread, and wondered if the "C405 fix" might apply here as well . . .
marpol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: RX-V1500-same issue Reply with quote

I have a RX-V1500 with similar issues. The schismatics show C10 in the same location as C405 in the RX-v650. The service manual also calls out for a .01uF 50V. I just went to the electronics store and picked up about 10 caps all on the "Power Relay" PCB (equivalent to the Sub. Trans PCB in the v650). I am going to start replacing them one by one and see if it helps. I will report back with updates later. Anyone else have a V1500 with these issues?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: RX-V650 power on-off problem Reply with quote

elekos wrote:
C405 capacitor is very important to proper standby voltage. Install new , even if original looks fine. By the way- on the C406 should be not less as 7.00 VDC, and sometimes add extra capacity to the C411 will help. For sure, check all ground connections, especially on the main and on the DSP module. Smile

I'd like to thank you because i have the same problem with my amplifier and when i change C405 it works.So you are the best.Thank you very much!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drdave wrote:
Check the mains relay and make sure it is passing a AC to the power transformer.We have had a few cases of intermittent mains relays.
Let us know.

Hello,

its a very old topic... I find it browsing the net in search of answers for my amp.
I got a RX-V650 and the power is OK at the cord end, but it doesn't get to the power transformer?
Would that be the relay that Dr Dave was talking about? What is it looking ike? Sorry, I know little on electronics ...
The unit is totally dead,no clicking, no lights, nada.
Thank you.
Olivier

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have say on the above question, there is no current going through the fuse as well. The voltage is 0
The fuse is OK. There is something stopping the current going through?
Thank you.
Olivier

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, me again... Talking to meself Laughing
Tinkering a little more and I got another question,
How od you remove the trans pcb?
I unscrew it all but its attachted to the bottom?
Do I pull it up, or slide it forward the right side of the unit?
I would,'t like to break anything...
Thank you again.
Olivier

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at it again, the C405 got 255V from each end.
Again I don't know much at all on electronic but some I read says it should be rated 630V? Is that the current that should come out there and not 255V?
Thank you.
I would love to get it back to life...

Please, pehaps a MOD can put all my post together? I don't want to use to much space...
All the best.
Olivier
The only Olivier

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Dear little Diary Reply with quote

Me, meself and I again Laughing
Lucky I like meself Cool
A little post to say that its back from the dead!!! Shocked
It was the C405...
I got a replacement, larger then the original, dunno if its proper, but it work!!! Very Happy
Thank you for all the info.
The replacement I got is:
WIMA / 0.22
MKS 4 / 250-
s2

I tried to reproduced the inscriptons the way they were on the capacitor as I cannot post a picture.
All good then Smile
Thank you for all the info.
All the best.
Olivier
Diego3956

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have RX-V371 with the same issue, with is the equivalent of C405 Capacitor in this unit? can anyone post a picture of the location of the C405 Cap?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия