electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Site being used on another site as a pay to use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
allan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Site being used on another site as a pay to use Reply with quote

Hi while looking for some help in repairing a BUSH LCD TV I came across an American site that you have to pay to see your site which is free to all uses?
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I have heard of this. What site?

Yet another reason not to believe everything you see/read on the net Wink
allan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: reply Reply with quote

http://www.scribd.com/doc/60934601/Bush
vtech

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure I understand what you are seeing there? Perhaps you are new to serach on the net.
Scribe is simply a digital library that anyone can start and post anything they want to read/share etc.--as long as it is already vailable on the net under "creative commons license"
Did the login/pwd made you think it is a paysite?
There is nothing there about having to pay?
---have no idea who Jason Howard is but I can only surmise that he was probably looking for the same brand and decided to share it?
What is there is a copy/link of what is already available on the ESI forum.
Only difference is it is pre sorted based on a specific brand "Bush". Same thing can be done in the library.
Did you try pointing your mouse over model number column ? It simply takes you back to the database. Wink
allan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Paysite Reply with quote

Hi no I am not new to search using the web, as a TV service engineer I have used the web for at least 14 years Yes I may have read it too fast so thanks we are never to old to learn of our mistakes so thanks
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed Allan, it is never late to learn.
I was involved with consumer electronics for over 30 years. Unfortunately the entire industry changed to a point where "real" troubleshooting is pretty much extinct..... so I finally got out, not knowing what to try, decided to try Avionics which turned out to be the best decision I ever made.
As much as I enjoyed being around consumer electronics, the bottom line is you are dealing with planned obsolescence as the consumer demand is for cheaper products.
On the other hand in Avionics it is the exact opposite when it comes to component-level troubleshooting. Due to the astronomical cost across the board, more than 90% of electronics are repaired.
---still volunteer my time here to help out whenever I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия