electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Request: service manual for Infinity SSW-210 (subwoofer)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prowlervm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech,
Wow! Thanks for getting back to me so quick. Anyway, I don't think I got as lucky as wolfsongaudio...the reading came back at 9.99 with the ohm meter set to 20K. Is that what it should be? Not sure if it matters but everything in this amp (capacitors, etc) are original and the two 5W1K ohm white resistors located at R42 and R43 get very hot after about a minute of the amp being turned on. The circuit board is also blackish underneath that same area. Any other suggestions would be great. Thanks again...
Vince
vtech

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm? Ok, let me get the schematic back out and look. I am posting from a different computer as my main one has given up the ghost-- may be a few days before i can post back.
prowlervm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK great....I really appreciate your help....
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/URL]

Vince,
Based om your description, do a measurement on the 4 TP1 points and post back.(make sure that you are referenced to a good ground).
You mentioned the two 5 w resistors(R42,R43) seem to run HOT. Being a 5 Watt resistor, it may not be that unusual, however there may be other issues?

In looking back at your original IC pin reading, is there any sort of a hum/buzz/Tick sound as you touch any of the pins with the meter probe?
Still, not quite sure why you are reading Rail voltage at pin4 while the rest seem rather normal and R29 is OK? Is there any change in that reading as you put the resistor back? --(leave one side soldered and touch the other side as you read the meter.
prowlervm

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech,

Thanks for getting back...Anyway, I think I made it worse when I installed a new amplifier chip since we last spoke. The readings are not anything close to what they were (from the amp chip). All most all of them are either 65 or -65. Here are the readings fromTP1:
Pin 1 66.7
Pin 3 -1.25
Pin 5 .58
Pin 10 -66.9

It didn't make any noise when I checked the readings in the beginning. The only thing you here is a "click" when turning it on, followed by a hum from the speakers. I'm starting to think I should've left this to the professionals!
Vince
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets hope your new chip is not counterfeit? At this point, I still think your original IC is probably still ok?
HOWEVER, after posting your readings for the plus/minus 16 volt, there is definitely something wrong there. The plus/minus16 volts are used as a source for the opamp ic's IC1& IC2. Under normal operating condition, there is hardly any draw on that circuit The two readings are way down; so either they are pulled down (due to shorted opamps) OR the two zenersZD1,2 are shorted. Key is to first figure out what is pulling down your plus/minus 16 volt rails.---it is only used to power the opamps
As you can see it is a simple tap of the main rails which are regulated by two 16 volt Zeners and couple of electrolytic caps.
LocoStereo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Infinity SSW 210 Reply with quote

Hey all. I'm a new guy to the forum. I too am the victim of a dead subwoofer. I'd like to take measurements but was wondering if any of you have the values that I can compare my measurements with. Thank you.
wolfsongaudio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: SS 210 is at it again Reply with quote

My SS 210 is having a new and different issue. When powered on it has an intermittent buzzing from the drivers. Not affected by the crossover freq. or vol. controls. The noise is not a 60 hz hum but a buzz the fades in and out. I will pull the amp and re-test the 19 pins.
wolfsongaudio

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the amp was pulled and the buzz is variable with the "bending" of the circuit board. Moving the board using a non conductive stylus results in the on and off of the buzzing. No particular area seems more sensitive than any other. I re-soldered most of the contacts from the bottom of the board with no luck. Any ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия