electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Software to test mainboard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyBenz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Software to test mainboard Reply with quote

I need software to test the mainboard of a Medion akoya notebook e7222, I cant seem to find a program that can do this....Any ideas??
Thanks in advance
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know when it comes to computer motherboards there are no "board specific" testing software. Some have builtin diagnostics that may need to be activated through the bios. Usually error messages or pattern of beeps will point you to the problem but is not perfect. Some Asus boards have builtin audio error messages thru the speakers aimed at overclocking.
During boot-up you may hear "overclocking failed" is one example.

There are separate benchmark, torture, memory and hard drive testing software available. Prime95 is one of the well known torture test.(free).It is basically meant to push the computer to it's limit mainly for reliability testing.
MyBenz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply,
I am still using the notebook, have turned off network interface in the bios and system interrupts are no longer a problem but cpu still gets hot when I open e.g. two youtube screens. Connected an external adapter for internet and audio. I am not sure if the problem is in the bios or motherboard the rest cpu, ram etc. I checked and seems to be ok..
I want to update the bios but havent been able to find the right update from Medion.
So far tried several testing software like HD tune pro, several diagnostic tools but I will give your suggestion (Prime95) a go as well so thank you for that.
coryfiebig

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to update the bios.
robertadixon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:51 am    Post subject: Software Update Reply with quote

Thanks for update about main board software, i have learned and know more information from this software conversation.
Useful Post

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for update us with nice information. i always come on this form to know more useful information.
emma wilson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: RE Reply with quote

Test Run Techniques
howar dellis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:14 am    Post subject: Share information Reply with quote

I have heard and know more about this tech discussion thanks for the update about the mainboard software
rahul3sharma

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject: How can I check my laptop motherboard physically? Reply with quote

To get the information you need scroll up to 'System Model' or 'System Manufacturer'. Alternatively, you figure out your motherboard details by typing wmic baseboard get product, manufacturer for a much specific search result. This is one of the easiest ways to find your motherboard model number, name and manufacturer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия