electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Onkyo TX-NR609 no sound
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/service_info.php
Gbecker77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: TX-NR609 No Sound No Network Issue Reply with quote

My NR609 just started doing the same thing. I am glad to see Onkyo is now going to help fix these units.

It "was" a great receive until last week. I was getting ready to buy a second one, when this issue just occurred for no apparent reason.

I hope Onkyo can repair the unit and restore my confidence in their products. I will post my exerience.
Ftadishman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 609 started loosing sound this past week then tonight, no sound at all. Also, no network connectivity.

Glad I found this thread. I filled out the Onkyo service form to have it repaired.
bllrmstrng

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

I have the same problem, and have called onkyo,as well as emailed them. Neither affordednme the chance to speak with anyone. Please let me know how to contact them to get this fixed. It's been down for about 4 months, and my old Pioneer receiver just doesn't sound as good. Onkyo receivers sound great when they work,but so far the customer service is lacking. Thanks for any help
Tinncupp

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Onkyo TX-NR609 no sound Reply with quote

For all of you having the HDMI/loss of sound problems, here is a website you can go to. You enter your serial number and it will tell you if you are eligible for the program which gives you the option of $125 credit towards a new receiver or to have them repair it (including shipping and shipping materials). Here is the site:

https://repair.onkyousa.com/na/003_2012.php?country=USA

It's great to see them stepping up. As many have said, this is a great receiver when it works!
Felis

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:49 am    Post subject: Re: Onkyo TX-NR609 no sound Reply with quote

Tinncupp wrote:
For all of you having the HDMI/loss of sound problems, here is a website you can go to. You enter your serial number and it will tell you if you are eligible for the program which gives you the option of $125 credit towards a new receiver or to have them repair it (including shipping and shipping materials). Here is the site:

https://repair.onkyousa.com/na/003_2012.php?country=USA

It's great to see them stepping up. As many have said, this is a great receiver when it works!
Seriously, thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking everywhere for a solution, and now I'm going to get a repaired one for free. I made this acct to say this, thanks a lot bud!
Gues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Thank You Reply with quote

Thanks for posting about the website for repair. I had the same problem, and effectively my receiver is covered. Thank you.
Winston G

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Resolution for the no net no sound 609 Reply with quote

[quote="Scrufy"]Press VCR/dvr and power/standby at same time.
You'll see it say clear for a second and then power off to standby.
Thats it. Fixed.
You'll need to redo any custom settings like hdmi addis meets or eq.
Mine took a couple minutes to start net the first time but fine after that.[/quote

Hi, I tried the reset described; got the 'Clear' and all that but the system still failed to reproduce sound. There is a reference made of a 'network Chip' that needed to be replaced;does anyone have a part number for this Chip.? Based on my location the repair offer that Onkyo has made available is not practical for me. I'm from Trinidad & Tobago (in the caribbean). I am hoping that some one can please help!!!!

Regards....[/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия