electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Code for old Becker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Decode, Unlock, Service and hotel mode entry HowTo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TPN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Code for old Becker Reply with quote

Hello
My friend need code for Becker BE1100 serial number C4636255.
Could anyone help him?
masterskay62

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Code for old Becker Reply with quote

TPN wrote:
Hello
Could anyone help him?

Hi.
Try.......5098
TPN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Code for old Becker Reply with quote

masterskay62 wrote:
TPN wrote:
Hello
Could anyone help him?

Hi.
Try.......5098

Thank you masterskay62, we will try it Very Happy
VinceR21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Sorry had to create a new account... created one when I asked for the code for the OEM Phillips radio-tape unit in my old Renault 21.... but that was 4 and half years ago so looks like my account has been automatically deleted in the meantime. I guess that was to be expected after such a long period of inactivity...

Anyway !

Still driving that old Renault 21, but I am planning on replacing the old Philips by a still old but slightly more recent unit. Still a tape-radio though.

It's a Becker " Mexico Pro CC ". I found a cheap-ish (in Becker terms that is.... ) unit for sale, because it was advertised as non-working, planning on fixing it that is !

However when I supply it with requisite 12Volts, it happens to power up just fine, the LCD comes up and looks in perfect condition, no dead pixels or leakage or driver problem... so now it's asking me for the code of course, grrr....

Hoping someone can help me. That would allow me to further check it to see what needs to be fixed exactly.

I can't find any button to let me insert pictures of the unit, so here is what is written on the (only) label/marking I could find on the unit :

The bar code represents the following string of digits : 4725C%0X5004319

Type : MEXICO PRO

Model Number : BE 4527

Serial # : X5004319

EC : 106

Worse case, is there some magic I can do on the board/hardware level, to reset the password ? A hidden jumper somewhere, playing a magic button sequencere to reset the PW, flashing an external EEPROM that might store the password, whatever Becker might have thought of to help their service/tech guys work on these units ?

Regards,

--
Vince
VinceR21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for posting again. Tried to correct my initial message but for the life of me, couldn't find any "modify / edit " button anywhere ?!

So just this correction : the first 4 digits of the bar code should read " 4527" (same as model number), sorry, fingers tripped...
Dekster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceR21 wrote:
Hi all,

Sorry had to create a new account... created one when I asked for the code for the OEM Phillips radio-tape unit in my old Renault 21.... but that was 4 and half years ago so looks like my account has been automatically deleted in the meantime. I guess that was to be expected after such a long period of inactivity...

Anyway !

Still driving that old Renault 21, but I am planning on replacing the old Philips by a still old but slightly more recent unit. Still a tape-radio though.

It's a Becker " Mexico Pro CC ". I found a cheap-ish (in Becker terms that is.... ) unit for sale, because it was advertised as non-working, planning on fixing it that is !

However when I supply it with requisite 12Volts, it happens to power up just fine, the LCD comes up and looks in perfect condition, no dead pixels or leakage or driver problem... so now it's asking me for the code of course, grrr....

Hoping someone can help me. That would allow me to further check it to see what needs to be fixed exactly.

I can't find any button to let me insert pictures of the unit, so here is what is written on the (only) label/marking I could find on the unit :

The bar code represents the following string of digits : 4725C%0X5004319

Type : MEXICO PRO

Model Number : BE 4527

Serial # : X5004319

EC : 106

Worse case, is there some magic I can do on the board/hardware level, to reset the password ? A hidden jumper somewhere, playing a magic button sequencere to reset the PW, flashing an external EEPROM that might store the password, whatever Becker might have thought of to help their service/tech guys work on these units ?

Regards,

--
Vince

VinceR21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This code works, thank you so very much indeed, thank you !! Very Happy

I apologize for replying a week late, but I was not getting any e-mail notification on this topic, so I assumed nobody replied to me.. until I checked the site manually this evening just in case, glad I did !
VinceR21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, me again...

As i explained in another topic, I actually bought not one but two old Becker Mexico Pro. Thanks for the code on the 4527 /tape unit, works fine. Today I just received the second (and last normally Wink, unit, CD player version this time, hence a CD4627 model.

I tried using the code calculators myself, as I found a couple on this site, one called "B4", the other one called "B9", so I do'nt have to bother you again, but alas I am puzzle as to hjow they work, because they as for FOUR digit serial number ?! .. but S/N's on my units are longer than that, 8 digits not 4, so not sure what the deal is here ? Is it something like only 4 of the 8 digits are relevant ? But which ones to pick ?...

Anyway, here are the details of my second Becker :

Bar code: 4627CG035034733
Type: Mexico Pro
Model: BE4627
Serial Number: 35034733
EC (whatever that stands for ?) : 113

Thanks in advance ! Embarassed
VinceR21

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please disregard my request.... the code was written on the front cover of the printed user manual the seller gave me with the unit ! <ashamed and hiding in the corner...> Embarassed

That was 5097.

Still I am curious to know the serial code generators work, just for the sake of it.
masterskay62

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VinceR21 wrote:
Please disregard my request.... the code was written on the front cover of the printed user manual the seller gave me with the unit ! <ashamed and hiding in the corner...> Embarassed

That was 5097.

Still I am curious to know the serial code generators work, just for the sake of it.

Hi.
Code 5097
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Decode, Unlock, Service and hotel mode entry HowTo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: