electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Think I've found service manual, can someone confirm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ras2a

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Think I've found service manual, can someone confirm? Reply with quote

I found a 'service' related doc (pdf) here (Panasonic TX-25MD1):

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/4141/Panasonic_tx-25md1.html[/url]

But, I don't think that the document actually tells you 'how' to get into service mode. Could someone check for me as I'm a complete novice, but need to change the horiz/vert pos/size of my screen as it's hooked up to my PC and the edges of the display overscan (need to reduce).

Many many thanks in advance for any help

Craig
Jouni

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried adjusting the picture from your pc's display card driver settings?

I think you can get to service mode of your Panasonic TV same way as many other Panasonic TVs. Download some other TX-model service manual (e.g. PX10), there is the procedure to get to the menu.

Goes like this:

In Sound menu: Set BASS to max., set TREBLE to min position.
Exit with TV/AV.
On TV: Open command compartment and set volume mode with 'F' button.
Press ' Index ' on remote (Reveal for some other models) and at the same time press ' -/V ' (Volume down) in compartment on TV. You should be in Service Menu 1.
(In fact you should press and hold the Index button on remote a split
second before you press -/V button. Point the remote towards the IR window on TV!
Sometimes it does not work at once. Practice the sequence)
To step Up/Down in Service Menu press RED/GREEN buttons.
To alter the values press YELLOW/BLUE buttons.
To save altered values press ' STR ' in compartment before you move on. If you move on, without Storing new entered value, the old setting stays.
To exit Service mode press ' N ' (Normalize) on remote.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jouni that's great. And I've already found the procedure now. It is the same method that you described. However, I bought the TV as ex-rental and lo and behold, the 'VOL+/-' buttons are missing on the TV itself.!! AARRGGH

Will I be able to access the service mode 1 another way or will I never be able to access the service mode now?

Typical luck for me - lol

Craig
ras2a

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jouni that's great. And I've already found the procedure now. It is the same method that you described. However, I bought the TV as ex-rental and lo and behold, the 'VOL+/-' buttons are missing on the TV itself.!! AARRGGH

Will I be able to access the service mode 1 another way or will I never be able to access the service mode now?

Typical luck for me - lol

Craig

* double post - had not logged in *
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия