electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sylvania/Funai 6842PE Plasma goes to standby-wont power on
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Garcow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Sylvania/Funai 6842PE Plasma goes to standby-wont power on Reply with quote

I have experienced a problem with my sylvania plasma TV Model 6842PE where it will not power on. the light will be green for a few seconds then go right to standby. I tried unplugging the set overnight and was able to get a power click and the screen came on for about a few seconds but really fuzzy and went right back to standby then would only briefly turn green with no click and go back to standby without powering on when attempting to turn it back on. I cant really seem to get a straight answer on what the problem may be. Its only 1 1/2 years old.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Sylvania/Funai 6842PE Plasma goes to standby-wont power Reply with quote

Garcow wrote:
I have experienced a problem with my sylvania plasma TV Model 6842PE where it will not power on. the light will be green for a few seconds then go right to standby. I tried unplugging the set overnight and was able to get a power click and the screen came on for about a few seconds but really fuzzy and went right back to standby then would only briefly turn green with no click and go back to standby without powering on when attempting to turn it back on. I cant really seem to get a straight answer on what the problem may be. Its only 1 1/2 years old.

Sounds like your power supply mine just went to I heard it is happening to allot of people

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Sylvania/Funai 6842PE Plasma goes to standby-wont power Reply with quote

[quote="Garcow"]I have experienced a problem with my sylvania plasma TV Model 6842PE where it will not power on. the light will be green for a few seconds then go right to standby. I tried unplugging the set overnight and was able to get a power click and the screen came on for about a few seconds but really fuzzy and went right back to standby then would only briefly turn green with no click and go back to standby without powering on when attempting to turn it back on. I cant really seem to get a straight answer on what the problem may be. Its only 1 1/2 years old.[/quote]

Did the power supply fix your problem? Mine is doing the same!!!!!!!!!!!
jjs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

COULD YOU REPLY IF YOU FIX TV . HAVING EXACT SAME PROBLEM. WOULD LIKE TO REPLACE POWER SUPPLY BOARD MYSELF BUT IM TOLD TO GO THROUGH AN "AUTHORIZED SYLVANIA" DEALER. 919-427-2757
JJS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: FIXED MINE FOR $99.00 Reply with quote

REPLACED POWER SUPPLY BOARD AND WORKS LIKE NEW

[email protected]
ric_car

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:13 am    Post subject: looking for info on repair of 6842PE Plasma Reply with quote

Where did you get your power supply from? Did you have to go through a 'authorized dealer? Where you able to find a repair Manuel for this model?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.
Hovhaness

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Re: looking for info on repair of 6842PE Plasma Reply with quote

Bump.

Anyone with experience replacing the power supply 6842pe?

ric_car wrote:
Where did you get your power supply from? Did you have to go through a 'authorized dealer? Where you able to find a repair Manuel for this model?

Any help would be truly appreciated.

Thanks.
bobbi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: ssylvania sound droping out Reply with quote

Hello, my Sylvania / funia 6842 PF loses the audio, and is restored after shutting the set off for 30 seconds HELP, Thanks
addicted2halo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Power supply Reply with quote

I have the same problem a red standby light but fails to stay on. I am calling Funaicorp.com at 800-968-3429 to request/purchase a power supply. I wonder how much fun installing a power supply will be.
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$130/$180.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия