electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Blue & red flecks in VHS image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
av-geek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Blue & red flecks in VHS image Reply with quote

Greetings everyone! I've seeked out this forum to see if any of you all can help me with a VCR problem. Yes, I know, they're old technology, but I've still got a big collection of VHS tapes, and I've got some nice equipment around the house here. One of those nice devices is a Panasonic AG5710 SVHS editing deck that doesn't seem to like pre-recorded tapes. This is a screen shot of Pink Floyd "Delicate Sound of Thunder" I picked this tape because there is plenty of dark scenes in it, but other pre-recorded VHS movie tapes and stuff produce the same results. This deck doesn't have very many hours on it at all, because I really use it for is transferring media to DVD-R. It is in my office however, and I want to use it for watching shows while doing some other chores. The monitor in this screen shot is a professional grade 19 inch Sony PVM studio monitor

Now, here comes the weird part. All those pre-recorded tapes play perfect in my household grade S-VHS omnivision deck, and my JVC HR-s6800 deck. The Pansonic editing deck also plays tapes that *I* recorded perfectly (no matter what deck they were made on), both in S-VHS and standard VHS mode (I don't have any pre-recorded SVHS to test it with however)

I thought I was dealing with a bad head, cable interference issues outside the deck, or the usual Panasonic capacitor issues, but those would manifest themselves on all tapes. Am I dealing with some type of macrovision artifact here or some other copy-protection issue that is incompatible with the professional grade deck?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия