electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
LG Plasma TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: LG Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hi

I have a LG (OTron label) 42 " tv and it trys to come on but only for a few seconds and ten goe in to standby.

Does any one have a service information/manuals or LG plasma's?

Jas
minnie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the model #? Have you taken the back off and checked the sustain boards for blown fuses? LG is warranting some set for 2 years btw. Maybe worth a call.
Ja

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, The Plasma is some three years old. The Otron model number is EPM420A internal to the tv lg is plastered on all panels, boards, etc. and states a LG PDP42v5. It has a power supply fault it trys to start up but goes into standby. On the PSU there is a switch marked NOR/AUTO. In AUTO it will allow all the low voltages to work 5,9,12 & 30V but the Vs and Vc lines do not come to life I suspect a fault in this section. Can not get much further without some circuit information. Regards, Jas
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the power supply may be bad. I can't find any info on that model. Contact LG to see where you can get parts. If the power supply doesn't fix it you may be looking at a bad pdp.
J

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking...
it uses a DGK-420W power supply board, this board seems common to other plasmas. But I can not find any information on the manufacturer.

Also i need some parts - UC3715N IC, IR2113 IC and KA7553 all from the board above has anyone got these for sale?
electric eel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problems with LG plasma tv PDP42V5 using DGK-420W ( DGK420W revA) power supply pcb.
This PSU is also used in a lot of other brands of plasma screens, and can give problems after 2 to 3 years of use.
My own problem... no picture, sound ok. Green LED on psu board flashing 6 times (5 x short 1 x long pulse) .
On turn on, relay pulls in, 5V DC ramping up OK, 65V DC (VA) ramping up ok, 190V DC (VS) starts to rise,then fails, relay

drops out, and fault LED comes on flashing, and 5V, 65V and all other supplies lost.
SOLUTION (for me).....
Capacitor "C97" 1uf 630V DC blown (stinking!) polypropylene capacitor 1uF 630V DC. (Also look for slight swelling of sides

on this type of capacitor indicates faulty capacitor).
Circuit diagram shows this capacitor as a 2.2uF 630V DC ??? wrong capacitor fitted at factory?.
Replaced capacitor with correct type 2.2uF 630V DC polypropylene ( note.. MUST use high specification type capacitor,

example.. WIMA type MKP10 specially designed for switch mode psu type applications).
Plasma TV is now working ok.

Other capacitor to suspect in case of PSU problems would be "C19" 1uF 630V DC polypropylene.

Resources..............

Similar Plasma tv which uses same PSU ....service manual pdf.....
http://www.belson.es/descargas/Esquemas%20Belson%20Chile/BSV-4251A%20SERVICE%20MANUAL.pdf

Circuit Diagram for DGK-420W psu board... pdf available at......
http://rolsen.ru/content/tech/POWER_Schematics.pdf

Lg Acadamy "secret" website for LG brand Plasma tv's.....

http://136.166.4.200/contents/Files/Displays/PDP/

I HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS OF HELP TO YOU, please feel free to pass it on to other help forums.
I you manage to fix your equipment with this info please email me to let me know I've been of some help at....
spamandeggs(at)tiscali.co.uk

Good Luck.
Jas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help in my case C19 was O/C

Do you have any info on Vision PM4230?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ja wrote:
Hi, The Plasma is some three years old. The Otron model number is EPM420A internal to the tv lg is plastered on all panels, boards, etc. and states a LG PDP42v5. It has a power supply fault it trys to start up but goes into standby. On the PSU there is a switch marked NOR/AUTO. In AUTO it will allow all the low voltages to work 5,9,12 & 30V but the Vs and Vc lines do not come to life I suspect a fault in this section. Can not get much further without some circuit information. Regards, Jas
isjanovski

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: lg plasma Reply with quote

Hi,
I have some boards from LG plasma, model MZ42PZ14. The model on the board is 42SD2.
I want to sale some.Some r tested, some not.
RGDS
mauriciocb1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Re: lg plasma Reply with quote

isjanovski wrote:
Hi,
I have some boards from LG plasma, model MZ42PZ14. The model on the board is 42SD2.
I want to sale some.Some r tested, some not.
RGDS

hi there have you got the interface board ( lg ap42ea20) for this model mz42pz14 if so let me know [email protected]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия