electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Vizio L32 tv power supply problem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yeomp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Vizio L32 tv power supply problem Reply with quote

I just opened up a Vizio L32 LCD tv to fix the power supply. The fuse was blown and so I replaced it. Now, I get a 5.1v output of v1 but v2 and v3 are both dead. Also it looks like the heat-sink is hot, it is reading the same 5.1 volts from output ground.

Debugging this has been a pain, anyone else have any insight?
minnie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These sets are designed for board level repair. What's the model?
yeomp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Model number Reply with quote

The model number on the power supply board is:
0469D03
Is there any way to get a replacement board? I was thinking of grabbing a broken screen off ebay and switching the boards, but if there is another way...
minnie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Model number Reply with quote

yeomp wrote:
The model number on the power supply board is:
0469D03
Is there any way to get a replacement board? I was thinking of grabbing a broken screen off ebay and switching the boards, but if there is another way...

Model of the set.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set Model:
L32HDTV10A
ResurrecTek

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, did you ever get resolution to your problem? I have repaired several of these power supplies.

Check the big FET (Q1), it is a "buck switching" driver, good chance it may be shorted. The big cap (C7) may need replaced also, look for a bulged top or signs of anything leaking out it it. (the top should be perfectly flat or slightly "caved in-looking") Check the other caps for visual signes of bulging or leakage.

There are four parts to the power supply.

There is a 5v "housekeeping" power supply, down around through T1 and out, PWM is on the bottom of the board under that section.

That power supply runs the processor board and the processor monitors the power button and the remove control sensor.

When the power button is pressed, the processor board pulls high the "remote" pin on the power supply CN3 connector.

When this pin goes high, several things happen on the board.

Normally the hi-side DC bus is about 180vdc across cap C1. When the remote pin goes high, Q1 starts getting pulsed via the 8-pin SMT chip under L1 and raises the voltage on L1 from 180vdc to about 375vdc.

Also, the two other switchers kick in, through T2 and T3 and across, their PWM's are under the board.

If all of this does not happen, the board does not come up.

Good luck, contact me if I can help more.

Also, I need 2 logic boards for L32's if anyone is tuned in Smile

Regards,

Mike
Justmanuals

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $9.99 and downloaded immediately after payment from http://www.justmanuals.com

[email protected]

Need a manual now? Instant Download
http://www.justmanuals.com

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lead.

Mike
yeomps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Vizio L32 Reply with quote

RTek,
thanks for the help. I had to put this one on the shelf for a bit. My current problem is that the power supply does not seem to respond to the power button. It doesn't look like the 'remote' is going high. Also, it looks like one of the heatsinks is hot. It seems to be at 6volts. It that right?

Thanks

ResurrecTek wrote:
Hi, did you ever get resolution to your problem? I have repaired several of these power supplies.

Check the big FET (Q1), it is a "buck switching" driver, good chance it may be shorted. The big cap (C7) may need replaced also, look for a bulged top or signs of anything leaking out it it. (the top should be perfectly flat or slightly "caved in-looking") Check the other caps for visual signes of bulging or leakage.

There are four parts to the power supply.

There is a 5v "housekeeping" power supply, down around through T1 and out, PWM is on the bottom of the board under that section.

That power supply runs the processor board and the processor monitors the power button and the remove control sensor.

When the power button is pressed, the processor board pulls high the "remote" pin on the power supply CN3 connector.

When this pin goes high, several things happen on the board.

Normally the hi-side DC bus is about 180vdc across cap C1. When the remote pin goes high, Q1 starts getting pulsed via the 8-pin SMT chip under L1 and raises the voltage on L1 from 180vdc to about 375vdc.

Also, the two other switchers kick in, through T2 and T3 and across, their PWM's are under the board.

If all of this does not happen, the board does not come up.

Good luck, contact me if I can help more.

Also, I need 2 logic boards for L32's if anyone is tuned in Smile

Regards,

Mike
Alex30093

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Vizio L32 Power supply Reply with quote

I don't really play with capacitors but I do try to fix some electronics, mostly computers. I have the Vizio L32 with the dead power. I opened it up and removed the power board cover and I can see a spot where it has a burn mark as if the screen shorted out something with three prongs.

Can these boards be refurbished? I saw one for 85 including a core charge vancebaldwin.com. I am not in a huge hurry but it would be cool to have fixed. Alex30093_at_yahoo_com

thx
-Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия