electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Failure to boot from hard drive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jorgeus12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Failure to boot from hard drive Reply with quote

I'll try to summarize the events leading up to my problem as best I can.

I have two hard drives. I tried installing Windows Vista Business on the first one to use in a dual-boot configuration with Windows XP which was on the second hard drive. Well, the Vista installation worked fine, but when I went to boot into XP, I found Vista's boot loader hadn't recognized Windows XP. Clearly frustrated, I tried several different things until I finally decided to format the first hard drive. It was horrible I lost my entire data from the Hard drive. Vista made my data vanish. I hate it. I tried using repair tool and many recovery software, but it did not work. Please help me out.
gilloz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: failure to boot Reply with quote

CLICK HERE and see if this site can help you.
pual45in

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Re:Failure to boot from hard drive Reply with quote

I know Vista doesn’t install itself easily. Something must have happened, that’s for sure. What software you have used to recover your data? One of the data recovery software I know is Salvage Data recovery Software for windows. My friend used the software and got his data back. Few days back I tried to recover the data of my office system, which I lost accidentally while formatting and it worked well. Try with their software. I think their site name is salvage data.
All the best.
robin_bga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Dual boot, Vista and Winxp Reply with quote

I haven't tried installing Vista, but atleast i would tbink it this way. One is a new version and the other is not, so usually if u want to install and configure dual boot, u can either use partion magic or install the older version first then install the new version afterwords. Thats is the only way u can get vista to recognise Winxp.The only reason for this is, when ever u have a new release, they alway modify the MBR, its just like installing Linux, u can't install linux and then Winxp, obviously xp will control the MBR, but if u do vice verse, linux will recognise xp. About loosing yo data, i haven't tried SALVAGE before i have used GETDATABACK and i like it bcoz it uses RAW system, will go SECTOR by SECTOR / CLUSTER by CLUSTER. I find it more real, and it also filters the data to make sure u don't get junk files.
Wish u luck man

Robin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Computer and office equipment repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия