electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Philips Plasma 42PF9965 fault - won't switch on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my fault is with the panel

have you tried warming up the room around the set a lot - by doing this I can get the set to come on everyday - though I guess I will get a big energy bill this quarter
Tim_UK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last reply was from me, forgot to log in.

has anyone tried connecting a differenal panel to the monitor outlet on the tuner box - if this worked at least a cheapish panel could be used as a replacement whilst keeping all the inputs and pic in pic features
NAZ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:54 am    Post subject: PHILIPS PLASMA 42PF9965 FAULTY : Flashing Red LED Reply with quote

So whats the solution guys?
There must be a solution to this problem.
NAZ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: PHILIPS PLASMA 42PF9965 FAULTY : Flashing Red LED Reply with quote

Philips Customer Care don't really care, they keep giving different numbers to call. I got 2 prices for power supply, £650 & £1050. Called a company called ANOVA who repair Philips panels they quoted £410+VAT+PARTS.
I connected a PC directly to the panel and got no response, just the same flashing red LED. I also connected a working screen to the tuner box FTR9965 and could not get the screen working. This is getting fustrating....
A friend at work advised me of 'The Sale and Supply of Goods Act 2002'
and says that Philips should resolve all manufacturing issues upto six years and if they dont, they can be sued through the small courts for upto £5000. That could be a possible course of action and whilst that's going through the courts, you could go and buy yourself a Samsung LE46F71B.
runningman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its about the only course of action, especially as it seems to happen just outside the 3 year warrenty. Small claims court only costs £30... might be worth the investment. I've just had sucess against royalmail this way for a parcel they lost but refused payout. Once the claim was submitted it only took a week for the phone to ring & them to be everso helpfull.
NAZ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

runningman, I think we should all do this, so Philips take this seriously. They seem to forget that real gadget freaks like us, paid alot of money 3 years ago for flat TV's (I bought mine for £3500) and I know you can buy Plasma nowadays for under a grand but for something worth several thousand pounds, it should last for more than 3 years.
I will be calling Philips very soon and also sending them a very concise letter.
Tim_UK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been reading up on the supply of goods acts, it seems you must first take the matter up with the supplier rather than the manufacturer.

I will be writing to mine later, however I am not sure if you would have to get the set repaired before you went to the small claims court - hence potential costs a lot more than the £30 mentioned above, and then try to claim these back.

You will find the full wording if you google "sale and supply of goods" but it does state along these lines "‘Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002’ act. This states that ‘up to six years from purchase (five years in Scotland) purchasers can demand damages which a court would equate to the cost of repair or replacement. If repair and replacement are not possible or too costly, then a consumer can seek a partial refund, if they have had some benefit from the goods’"
Sibates

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: service mode Reply with quote

I have just had the same problem, i managed to get into service mode, and now i have done somthing and the tv isnt responding to the remote, so i cant re access the menus to undo whatever I did.

the screen itself will act as a pc monitor, but cant bring any menus up on that either.

any ideas?

thanks

si
sibates

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: errors Reply with quote

Oh, forgot to mention that in the service menu it stated i had 4 errors

30, 12, 21, 72

i cleared the error buffer, but any idea of what these errors mean?

si.
Tim_UK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's your email I will send you the service manual with the codes in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия