electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
My Panasonic NV-DS65 doesnt play or record
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrsneedham

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Panasonic NV-DS65 wont play or record solution Reply with quote

Hi it took me ages to find out how to repair my camcorder, hope this works for you: Remove bottom plate and make sure the ribbon cables are connected securely and replace the plate, this should solve the problem.
Good Luck
Damanvir

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Worked for me also. Great Job Reply with quote

Agatha,

Great Job my camera works well. After reading previous strings I had given hopes on my camera.. saved me from buying a new camera..

Just remember to keep the screws in the right sequence else it might be a struggle when U screw them back. rather than hit & trial later. Just lay them in order after unscrewing.

Thanks

Damanvir

Agatha wrote:
Guys!
I had the exact same problem tonight with my Panasonic NV-DS65 after about 3 months of not using it, with the power light blinking after 5 seconds of play or 19 seconds of rewind, followed by the camera shutting down. After searching on the net and reading all your posts I nearly lost all hope, until I FOUND THE ANSWER!!!
I searched in google for "panasonic video camera blinking power" and found this:

I'll quote:
Quote:

Here it is May 2006, but I was still able to locate this old posting below. Thanks for keeping those older posts accessible!

My symptoms were just as described (blinking power light, tape wouldn't load), I followed Bhemus' instructions; and lo and behold, I found that one of the ribbon cable cards had become unseated!

I reseated the card, put everything back in place, and my old PV-DV203D is working perfectly again. Thanks so much, Bhemus!!

Sometimes things do work out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhemus
Ok, here goes, I had the exact same problem on my pos Panasonic pv-dv203d. After many times of taking it apart and many frustrating calls to the morons at Panasonic, I've finally figured it out, I hope it helps on your cameras.

Remove the bottom plate from the Camera (four screws, plus one near the LCD screen).

Pop off the bottom plate of the camera

Look at the ribbon cables carefully, and make sure they are all snug in the plugs. The tape transport mechanism may move them out of place.

Thats it, hope it helps

Argus

Now, our camera has a couple more screws (you'll need to also open the LCD panel there's one there too), I pulled the bottom off and gently pushed all the little ribbon cables in. It didn't seem to do anything at all, they didn't seem ot move or anything, but when I tried it again the camera is now working perfectly!!

Agatha
jas000

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:20 pm    Post subject: Thanks, it works !!! Reply with quote

As was said before: Unscrew, fix or push the cables, rescrew, it works !!!

Panasonic NV-DS65 - Blinking powerlight...... is working again.

Thanks,

jas.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My NV-DS65 showed this fault, but sometimes I could not get the cassette out of the camera. I followed the tips here and when I removed the bottom plate I noticed that the cassette eject motor had a lot of movement. On further examination the fault here was a missing screw! Camera appears to be working perfectly now. Glad I found this forum. Thanks to contributors.
Ian
Rao

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: NV-DS65 Problem Reply with quote

Hi!

Thank you Agatha!!!!!!

I have used your solution. It is really great and simple. You solution saved me from buying a new camera.

Rao
ihg70

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect solution!

I am from Istanbul-Turkey. I have encouneterd same power-blinking-not-recording-not-playing problem for few days. I had lost almost all my hope to find any solution.

Now my NV-DS60 works as it was before.
Thanks to all people who share this great information.
ibrahim.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fault is the same I experienced a year or more ago with a DS65 - I had the camera repaired - cost me NZ$120 - and I was told the fault was a dry joint. I have now had exactly the same fault and thanks to this forum repaired it myself - well actually all I did was follow the instructions and push all the ribbon cables; nothing appeared loose, but I now have a functioning camera again. Thank you very much and long live Google.
Woody
oicemano

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: problem Reply with quote

I have this problem with my Panasonic nv-ds65

Quote:
My panasonic mini DV camera ejected the tape and then made clicking sounds like the cogs jumping about 8 times then stoped since then the door will not stay closed and if I hit eject again the cogs jumping sound again any ideas how I can fix it.

Apparently this is the solution...

Quote:
Hi, Yes I had the exact same issue, I removed the bottom cover of the camera ( 8 screws) and found the edject motor to have come loose, its only held in by one screw, I tightend it and now its perfect, If you have any questions please feel free to contact me on

Problem is I dont know what the eject motor looks like... is it the white "prongs" near the bottom that are rattling?
Roghe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Yiiiieeiii Reply with quote

My camera is now working perfectly...thanks everyone. Now I dont have to buy a new one... Very Happy

Who could imagine that is was so simple!?

//HappySwede
someonegotyou

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you. Just opened the bottomplate and pushed on the cables and now it works just fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия