electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Orion Model tv1333 Squeals, Wont Power Up ...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morrowrj

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Orion Model tv1333 Squeals, Wont Power Up ... Reply with quote

Hi, i am looking for any assistance with an Orion Tv1333 That wont power up. Once you plug it in you get persistant high-pitched squealing which i havent been able to isolate.The power switch does nothing and the led never comes on. I know this is a small inexpensive model, but it is for a friend who cannot afford a replacement. Any help is appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it sound like trouble in power supply it is probably the chopper transistor/fet if it is short circuit you will need to check other components
Morrowrj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Orion Tv1333 no power up, squeals Reply with quote

Ok , i guess i could use some help in knowing i am looking at the right transistor ( I am a Pc repair guy, this is my first stab at a tv ) So, here is what i know for sure: There is 170v on the main cap (200v 220uf) The transistor that it feeds, which i am guessing is the "chopper" has the following: Gate=2.765v, source=0v, drain=168v. Alos, my flyback has 0v on all pins except B+ which is 1.3v and 180L which is 1.3v. All of the measurements are in the off condition, since it does not turn on . Thanks in advance for any help.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you checked the hot transistor.i should also check diodes etc on secondary side of chopper transformer.the usual way to check betwen whether the problem is in the power supply or the lopt stage is to isolate the lopt stage and load the psu with a low wattage light bulb
Morrowrj

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Orion tv Reply with quote

you were right, i finally found my HOT and it was shorted. I have a replacement on order from MCM. My only question now is, are these usually the cause of or result of another problem...should i be looking for other faults ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i should certainly check the soldering in lopt stage ie flyback transformer line drive tranformer and the scan coils plug and capacitors etc
Morrowrj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Orion Model tv1333 Squeals, Wont Power Up ... Reply with quote

My parts came in today from MCM. After checking the various other components, i installed the replacement HOT. Sucess, it is alive again. Thanks for helping a PC guy fix his first Tv. Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия