electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Akai PT 4298HDX/SMS -- dead?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr_nukem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: service guide Reply with quote

there are several places you can buy it (from Samsung for example), with an average price of around $30 or so. On another forum, someone offered to it to another poster and I simply emailed the guy directly. He asked for a few $$$ via paypal, which I happilly supplied...a couple emails later and I had the guide in PDF (several pdfs to be exact).
cory

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dont need service manual to replace this board.easy as pie.small mounted on frame.5 plugs.
dr_nukem

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur, it would only be needed to troubleshoot the pieces of the board rather than replacing it for $93...technicall possible, but a lot more effort for only a minimal difference in $$$
carlvilma

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem with my television. I turn on the television the red led blink for several times but the television don"t turn on. I remove the red conector of the pcb board but nothing wrong. I want to know if that problem comes from the PCB Board.
Byon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: AKAI convergence problem Reply with quote

I think I too am having a convergence problem. I have a 4 year old AKAI PT5598HDI with the bow-tie image. ( http://byon.com/akai1.jpg ). I ordered 2 STK392-040 from http://www.slelectronics.net/, and installed them, and get the same issue. In fact, I get the same image even with the board removed, so I do think something on the board is at fault. I checked the large resistors and all looked fine visually. They were marked 150 ohm, and there were all as 2 in parallel, and they each measures 75 ohms, which is correct. I couldn't find any pico fuses on the board to replace, perhaps someone else can point them out to me. http://byon.com/akai4.jpg . If not, I guess my next plan is to get a replacement BP41-00045B board. Thanks for any suggestions.

Byon
cory

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right next to ics are about 6 sets of resistors in parrallel,3.9 ohm,should read orange,white color bands.check all sets,should measure about 2.1 ohms.and on some models you will see two pico fuses right under ics.green in color,check if they are open.3.15 amp pico fuses.there are about 5 or 6 sets of resistors,check all.
diesel man

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: will not turn on Reply with quote

i have a Samson 42hd43a TV and i had my convergence board go out replaced it with part # bp95-00142e it worked for a day. now it wont even power up. if i unplug it the red light by the power button stays on for about 4 min. any thoughts on why it is doing this now?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further Update. The power connector on the board is labeled "-20V GND GND +20V". I'm getting 20V, but not the -20V. Are the pico fuses located on the main power supply board perhaps?
Byon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. the Guest post above was from me.
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Further Update. The power connector on the board is labeled "-20V GND GND +20V". I'm getting 20V, but not the -20V. Are the pico fuses located on the main power supply board perhaps?

They're either on the deflection board or power supply. So the answer is yes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия