electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
fan won't work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkf

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: fan won't work Reply with quote

I have a Technics sadx1040 receiver and the cooling fan won't work, I tested the fan and it works I am not getting any power. All the fuses I could find are ok. any ideas?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have om of thease amps and it only kiks in when i get it two about half

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Re: fan won't work Reply with quote

jkf wrote:
I have a Technics sadx1040 receiver and the cooling fan won't work, I tested the fan and it works I am not getting any power. All the fuses I could find are ok. any ideas?

I saw someone posted somewhere it only works at >70% volume...

I tried to get power for the fan from the +15 v power rail and it worked fine when it was still apart but I think the wire shorted to ground and zapped the power supply so the unit is mostly dead now, I'm looking for a service manual to fix it with....

The other idea thea should work good is to use a small power supply to run the fan all the time and plug it into the convienience outlet in the back so it only runs when the unit is on...

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually it is driven by a temperature sensor on the heatsink. When it gets hot the fan comes on. Smile
gsnoorky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Bedeviling heat problem. Reply with quote

I know this post is ancient: Thanks for the info! This receiver runs far hotter than any others I have owned. Currently, I use it in my office with my PC for small 5.1. It helps heat my home in winter--I don't like it in summer, though-it still keeps trucking, even given severe heat issues. I replaced it's fan with a PC fan some time ago--to no avail (I assumed the oem fan was defective). The heatsink doesn't look as good as old school--i.e., before digital and hdmi. I wonder if the fan ever went on. I still have the relatively heavy old fan somewhere, with cut wires. It has three optical-only jacks--no coax spdif. I don't like it as well as the updated Onkyo I own, with assignable spdif (someone sold that to me--probably to get hdmi)--however, the Technics probably didn't cost as much (in real terms). The latter receiver has a large heatsink and runs pretty close to ambient! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия