electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Static Click Noise- Toshiba 51" HD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a.fisher1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Static Click Noise- Toshiba 51" HD Reply with quote

I have a Toshiba 51" HD TV Hooked up to Digital Cable. If the TV has been on for a while the speakers start to click, almost sounds like a static electricity sound. I tried spraying static guard around the TV and around the speakers to no avail. Can anone out there help me?
walter58

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: speakers high definition tv start to click Reply with quote

Hello,

It could very well be that the clicking comes from spikes which appear on your mains supply !!!
I had the same problem, when certain devices on the same mains circuit switch on and off (f.e a refrigerator), disturbing spikes are modulated on the net,causing speakers to crack, you should see also a sign of that in your video(no must but it could be).
So what you might have to do is to put a netfilter or mainsfilter between the powerpoint and your tv, and it might cure your problem...
this filter only works when it is earthed, so you need a mains socket with an earth connection !
It has to be a real filter, not a protection device, which are currently sold!
You can find such a filter in an electronic shop or at your TV dealer.
But first be sure that what I say is the real problem.
Succes !!
Walter Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия