electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
NEC 50MP2/PX-50XM2G plasma display issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick Sawyer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: NEC 50MP2/PX-50XM2G plasma display issue Reply with quote

I received this plasma with the power LED flashing red/green, which was fixed with a hard reset. The unit runs fine now with the exception of a skinny bar of mostly white pixels in the upper left of the display (see pics below). Would this be caused by the same capacitors as mentioned in the "half screen problem" threads? Any other possibilities?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received an email from somebody suggesting that i open the unit and lightly tap the top of the plasma display panel above where the white line is. Does this sound feasible? This is the first plasma i've worked on, so its uncharted territory for me. Any help appreciated.
Burnt out

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:25 am    Post subject: NEC Plasma Reply with quote

Plasmas are a thing that is different to crt,s in servicing, transport, diagnosis, & cost!. The Plasma display is extremely fragile, & mistakes can leave black holes in the display- generally faults are fixed by changing boards- the advice to tap your screen is dubious- generally, I would advise to inspect conn, joints etc- then again I ain't worked on this set!.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would check the capacitors on the data board directly above the line. I have a pile of dead plasmas at home with dead chips in the ribbon cable that connects the board to the screen. Usually when the chip burns out then the bar is black. A while line is more likely an improper voltage output from the data scan.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Dead chips in ribbon cables Reply with quote

I got one of these in for repair with the exact same fault. I can confirm that the fault is to do with the chips in the ribbon cables attached to the display. I found that the chips that corresponded to the areas of the screen with the white bars were burnt (possibly due to a short elsewhere or overheating).

The display is beyond economical repair (needs a new display panel).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check the flexycable who connect with pdp module, replace and reconnect, maybe flexycable have apoor connection with the connector. if not works replace your pdp module.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия