electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
viewsonic 32in lcd tv power supply broken
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joefair2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey rtrantham1,
Is Q7 a 2N4403 [PNP] (marked with a "2T") or a 2N4401 [NPN] (marked with a "2X") ???

Mine is damaged and all I can see is the "2".

It looks to me like it's a 2N4403 but I can't tell for sure.

Also, on the other side of the board, just wanted to make sure, is the positive lead of C33 supposed to be facing C7?

Sorry for all the questions
I wish I had a good power supply to look at and answer my own questions.
gregoryp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: BAD NEWS ABOUT VIEWSONIC Reply with quote

OUR 18 MONTH OLD 3250W QUIT THIS WEEK DUE TO A POWER SUPPLY BOARD FAILURE. I REACHED THE HEAD OFFICE OF VIEWSONIC....NICK AT 800-688-6688 EXT 111 AND HE ADMITTED THE REPLACEMENT PART IS NOT AVAILABLE AND WILL NEVER BE AVAILABLE AS THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THEM IS OUT OF BUSINESS. HE BASICALLY TOLD ME THE TV WAS A THROW AWAY. ANYONE WHO PAID TO ORDER THE NEW PARTS HAS LOST HIS MONEY. DOES ANYONE KNOW A GOOD CLASS ACTION ATTORNEY?
rtrantham1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: N3260w Reply with quote

Alright the answer to your first question is it is 2x(2n4401). I ordered surface mount 2n3904 npn to take its place and I will have the parts tomorrow oct 2,2007 to test this P/S. So I will let you know the results asap. The answer to your second question is the + end of c33 will face the (c7) cap. Please feel free to email me at [email protected] so we can work together on a solution. I did call up edwards repair for viewsonic and got a whole mess of schematics but something just doesn't match up . Let me know if you want a copy of them because maybe I am overlooking something you might be able to shed some light on. Please Email me because I dont check this forum that often.
rtrantham1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Repair a sucess Reply with quote

Well I got the parts in and after replacing q7 transistor,c33,and the rest of the swolen caps.That TV WORKS GREAT!!! So if anyone has a N3260w Viewsonic 99% of the time it is the power supply and the above componets. Please email me for any questions at [email protected]
rtrantham1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also if this does not fix it you might have 1 more componet bad which is IC2. This is a type of mosfet. The ID on this piece is ea1532a. Well out of the 5 tvs i manage to get 3 running, but the other 2 need this mosfet.
beamik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: SAME problem with 3250w!!! Reply with quote

I am having the same exact issue it seems. My set is the 3250w however – I’m not sure how similar/different the two units are. When I turn on the power the power/status light comes on but there is no image, after a second or two there is a high pitch sound emanating from the power supply area. I pulled out the power supply and have it sitting here, but I had to struggle to get the heat sink cover off. It’s a “Darfon” board. I'm not seeing a Q7 or C33... I have three 1000uF 30 volt caps here... that reside next to the large transformer...

any help is appreciated.

Mike
beamik

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: power supply board p/n Reply with quote

this board has a sticker on the bottom that reads:

B00102800105 D42 S001738
2200202400 Rev.A

on the front it has:

E162032 VOL. 3
GCI 3AV0 ^SZ
94V-0

DARFON
4H.B0280.001 /C2
boulavard_55

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: RE: N3260W Power supply Reply with quote

Does anyone have the specs for QS4 on the 3260 power supply. I also have a resistor that is cooked. It is R65. I would like to know what the specs are on those 2 items for the 3260.
rtrantham1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know qs4 is bad
rtrantham1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I do not have access to the schematics anymore, but I have found out that you might need to check ZD3 (Zener Diode) for a short . This diode is use for voltage regulation about 14 volts to be exact which is probably the cause of q7 malfunction. This might help also, if you have a power supply or tv that will come on and will not go off except when power is pulled, then check the resistance across c9 cap and it should read approx. 2Mega ohms. If not then chip L6598d013tr is bad. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 2 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия