electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Panasonic TV TX-25MD1

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TV TX-25MD1 Reply with quote

Panasonic TV. TX-25MD1

Hi there are two problems with this nine-year-old set.
A few R.G.B. fly-back lines? are visible at the top of the screen, when the picture is dark.
The tuner can loose one or more channels intermittently for a few seconds or minutes. As if the station has stopped transmitting.
Any assistance would be appreciated.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

any one out there that can give a bit of advice... please please please Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 5:37 pm    Post subject: panasonic tx-25md1 Reply with quote

Hi
With regards to the lines at the top of the screen if they are really faint and only seen in dark you may get away with backing off the SCREEN control slightly but you may have to investigate components in the frame circuit associated with the TDA8175. I know D456 to be a known culprit.
The other problem is likely to be the tuner its self and this can be cofirmed by tapping it lightly. Been a while since I had to purchase a panasonic tuner but as far as I can remember the prices varied greatly depending on the tuner number and if expensive I removed it and sent it to mces for repair. www.mces.co.uk
Some people have managed to repair the tuner by soldering but I wouldn't recommend this.
Hope I have been of some help.
hbklp

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: TDA8175 Reply with quote

please check tda8175 ic voltage

!!!Post by spammer - Please, disregard!!!
Colin

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi Guest

Many thanks for your input your spot on, D456 had a short. It’s been some time that I worked on a telly as a hobby and found them to have changed a lot in the last twenty odd years. I was totally perplexed as could not find any pot’s to adjust the height etc. However when I got hold of a service manual I read out that the adjustments are carried out by the remote control in the service mode. When the telly had been taken in for a pervious repair the engineer had attempted to hide the fly back lines by opening the height.
The telly now gives an excellent picture but the wife has instructed me to buy a new one and this telly will become our second set. I am looking to purchase the Panasonic TX32-DTX11 or TX-32DTM1, as an engineer what telly would you recommend in this price range?
Again many thanks for your input.
telemick

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: panasonic tx25md1 Reply with quote

for the flyback lines at the top change d456 ma2160b,also for tuning drift change the eprom its in the tin box by the tuner,good luck,telemick,email [email protected]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Panasonic TV TX-25MD1 Reply with quote

I'm glad you managed to repair the t.v.
Like many other engineers I branched off to an alternative area of the electronics Industry as customers were choosing the option of replace instead of repair due to falling prices and competition with supermarkets that replace or refund under warranty along with internet etc.
Panasonic still make reliable sets and the 100hz would be the preferred option but I would have preferred surround sound rather than virtual surround in this price range. freeview boxes are cheap and so can be replaced if faulty but if integrated within the t.v could mean an expensive repair if it fails and can be complicated trying to record with the t.v off.
If choosing widescreen always choose a larger screen size than the 4:3 model i.e the old one is 25" so you are making a good choice of a 32" as screen size is still measured from corner to corner as in the good old days the first one was round.
All my own sets are Toshiba but although they are reliable and provide a good backup service they are now having other manufacturers making them for them and sticking their badge on them like many others and Samsung is one of them.
Colin

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the feedback Very Happy
pinakin

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Panasonic TV TX-25MD1 Reply with quote

[quote="Colin"]Panasonic TV. TX-25MD1

Hi there are two problems with this nine-year-old set.
A few R.G.B. fly-back lines? are visible at the top of the screen, when the picture is dark.
The tuner can loose one or more channels intermittently for a few seconds or minutes. As if the station has stopped transmitting.
Any assistance would be appreciated.[/quote]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия