electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Looking for Samsung SV-5000W video head
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barnamah

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Looking for Samsung SV-5000W video head Reply with quote

Hi,
I haveSamsung SV-5000W VCR. when I play video it shows few water-drop type white marks on the screen. i think it is due to video head ( if I am using the right term). I would like to know where I can find it to buy and replace it. I searched for "video head" and got no result. may be it is not called "video head".

I am talking about the big drum inside VCR where it has small pieces I think called head.

thank you
minnie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video Heads 2 in Warehouse of Donberg Electronics
... VIDEO HEAD SONY DBR34R AC33-00003A HEAD ACE ASSEMBLY SAMSUNG SV5000W 32.90 .... VIDEO HEAD 413E137B GOLDSTAR 48.06 VHS-A/110 REPLACEMENT VIDEO HEAD AIWA ...
www.donberg.ie/warehs/groupvh2.htm
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Samsung SV-5000W video head Reply with quote

Barnamah wrote:
Hi,
I haveSamsung SV-5000W VCR. when I play video it shows few water-drop type white marks on the screen. i think it is due to video head ( if I am using the right term). I would like to know where I can find it to buy and replace it. I searched for "video head" and got no result. may be it is not called "video head".

I am talking about the big drum inside VCR where it has small pieces I think called head.

thank you

WAIT...may not be the video head as it was a common problem with a lot of those series leading you to believe so.

Try slightly flexing the entire unit or press on the bottom panel as you see the problem; does it change or get better/worse?

There was a known loose ground issue from metal chasis (by the drum) to main pcb that would show as "specks" during playback---can you post a picture of playback?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Samsung SV-5000W video head Reply with quote

vtech wrote:

WAIT...may not be the video head as it was a common problem with a lot of those series leading you to believe so.

Try slightly flexing the entire unit or press on the bottom panel as you see the problem; does it change or get better/worse?

There was a known loose ground issue from metal chasis (by the drum) to main pcb that would show as "specks" during playback---can you post a picture of playback?

Sorry to wake up this old thread but I have a SV-5000W that has this exact problem. I could not find anything else on the net about this issue and this thread is the only one that I could find that pinpoints the problem.

As suggested, flexing the unit and/or opening the VCR and slightly pressing on the bottom fixes the problem but only for a short while.

Since you mentioned that this is a known loose ground issue, I would like to ask the steps to fix it. There's already one ground wire running from the metal chassis to the small PCB on the left side (containing the on/off controls). Should there be another ground wire that runs from the metal chassis to the main PCB? Maybe something else?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for Samsung SV-5000W video head Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

As suggested, flexing the unit and/or opening the VCR and slightly pressing on the bottom fixes the problem but only for a short while.

Umm, that was supposed to be:

As suggested, flexing the unit and/or pressing on the bottom fixes the problem but only for a short while.

I also opened the VCR and tried slightly pressing on the PCB. Again, it fixes the problem but only for a brief period of time.

Thanks for looking and I appreciate any help about this issue.[/i]
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good 'old SV5000W....I'll try to help you as I used to work with them all the time. Why not pick out a nickname & register first?
Since I no longer have access to any of the units, depending on your technical ability, I may ask you to post a picture of the pcb to show you the exact spot that needs re-soldering.
alokoko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for responding. I registered as you asked me. I am an EE, so I will hopefully understand what you are telling me without much difficulty. I do not have a problem with soldering or running wires.

Awaiting further instructions. Smile

Thanks in advance.
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I am not here all the time but will check frequently;
The loose ground issue was mainly due to a cracked solder joint on the main pcb right underneath the connector for cylinder motor. Due to the stress against the connector, it will eventually crack the ground tab and induce noise in the head amplifier which translates in to "cometing" effect in the video.
The most involved part is to get to the connector; you would need to get to the solder side of the main board which requires complete disassembly in a sequence.

I'll post a series of pictures from the manual and if you are not sure about any portion, I'd suggest using a camera to take a "before" picture as a reference. Keep in mind do not force any thing and you would start with the mechanism in the eject mode(no tape inside)
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd need the main board out of the plastic case by following the removal sequence; I'll post more later after your response.

alokoko

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I could not respond earlier, other things got in the way. I am now at the last step. Those two tabs are a little bit stiff but I am hoping to get them off after some jiggling.

Please post the rest of the instructions.

Thank you for your time and effort.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия