electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon AVR-1800

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plimmy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Denon AVR-1800 Reply with quote

Hi all. I think I may need a replacement transformer for my AVR-1800.
The primary winding measures Meg ohms.
Two things really:
Does anyone have a service manual for this model?

And also does anyone know where I can get Denon parts?

Thank you
vtech

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a manual and I used to work with many Denon products several years ago. Not sure if that transformer is even available or how much?--used to deal direct with Denon for parts.
I can tell you that on many occasions, the problem with the open primary of the power transformer was actually a bad thermal breaker that is inside the transformer and 9 out of ten times you could follow the primary wiring and replace it with one on the outside of the transformer.
Provided that the windings were not overheated, it would be good to go.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
I do have a manual and I used to work with many Denon products several years ago. Not sure if that transformer is even available or how much?--used to deal direct with Denon for parts.
I can tell you that on many occasions, the problem with the open primary of the power transformer was actually a bad thermal breaker that is inside the transformer and 9 out of ten times you could follow the primary wiring and replace it with one on the outside of the transformer.
Provided that the windings were not overheated, it would be good to go.

Hi and thank you for the response. Do you have the manual in digital form?
Also how would I get to the winding as its wrapped?
Thanks
viddoc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: FIX TRANSFORMER Reply with quote

MOST POWER TRANSFORMER HAVE INTERAL FUSE ON A DENON I JUST FIXED EMANALED COPPER WIRE ON BOTTOM OF WINDINGS ON PRIMARY SIDE WAS AFTER FUSE CHECK RESISTANCE VERY LOW 1-2 OHMS BE SURE TO AND FUSE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия