electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Burnt Power Board ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcocain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Burnt Power Board ??? Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have an LG 37LC2D TV. Power light blinks and then turns green but no picture and no sound. The screen appears to be back lite. I took it apart and noticed that one of the capacitors is domed. I took the board off and noticed it looked black and smokey behind the board. But I don't know what all to look for? If I buy a complete power board, would that be a waste of money? If it burnt, would other things be bad? Or Should I just take it to the dumpster? I don't have a lot of money to go through a lot of trail and error! Any suggestions? Thanks!
train123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without seeing the black and smokey area, there is no telling where this came from. Are there any parts nearby that are deformed or
If you find domed caps, it's worth changing them out. Look around because there are usually more than one that goes. Since Caps are only a few dollars each, it's a pretty cheap thing to try before ordering the whole power supply.
train123

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought came to mind, sometimes a solder connection can get cracked and the connection arcs and burns. Depending if it burns just the solder or if it damages the traces, you can sometimes just clean it up and resolder that connection and it'll work again. You might want to check closer and as well post a picture of the damaged area.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия