electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony Stereo Receiver - left channel dead

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TK-1984

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Sony Stereo Receiver - left channel dead Reply with quote

Hey all.

I have a two-channel Sony STR-D315 receiver which worked perfectly until today when the left channel suddenly died.

I believe the problem is internal because the left channel is out with all input sources, including the internal tuner, and also when listening to the headphones output.

With the volume cranked up, I can hear the signal very faintly in that channel with a static, crackle-like sound as if there's a lose connection or high resistance.

The right channel sounds perfectly fine.

The unit is over 10 years old and has been used quite a bit.

I have decent soldering skills and very basic electronic knowledge. I'm hoping it's a simple repair such as a transistor or capacitor. Any advice? I'm a cheapskate and would rather make a simple repair than buy a new unit.

Thanks!

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия