electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Another Vizio VW42L Tv out of the land field for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankramiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Another Vizio VW42L Tv out of the land field for now. Reply with quote

Hi guys; a success repair on Vizio VW42L that someone dumped it on the side of the street it started to acting crazy,see video.
.youtube.com/...amp;feature=youtu.be

i disconnected the ty control key pad on the board and re-soldered all pins and it fixed that, but it was hard to control the tv and i did not have the remote control,
also the screen started to flick special if i did lower down the black light adjustment kinda showing random White Black blue red screens to stop it had to shut down
sometimes it would work ok.
then i first started to check the power sup caps all checked ok and checked the Inverter board caps they seem a little bit bulge but they checked good ESR but since i had to order a new remote control so i ordered also 4 - 470uf 35v 105degrees caps,i took out the inverter boards and put in the new caps fairly easy job,closed tv and so far so good tv looks good after 2 hours of working,
note that when i checked the old caps in circuit with my cap-analyzer 88A the ESR was normal,when i tested them out of the circuit they were dead and also tested dead with my Fluke DM, i don't know if it was the heat applied to desoldered them
for now another tv kept ou of the land field,keep my finger crossed.
vtech

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vtech wrote:
Good job Smile

thanks vtech; one question if you know to answer! when i replaced the caps i did no remove what seem to be silicon,j did not add none ,i 've just leaned the caps against the old silicon, do you think the caps will fail do to that?
SDS

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Always unsolder at least one pin of electrolytics for ESR measurements, most of the time you'll have at least 2 electrolytics parallel on a given power rail, often one will fail but not always the others (Due to peak current ripple or temperature differences), if you measure them parallel the ESR reading will be lower than that of the best capacitor in the bunch.
The silicon is just a mechanical precaution, so if the TV is not going to travel the world no worry!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия