electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Interesting experiments with ADSL splitter (II)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thinhnghiem

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Interesting experiments with ADSL splitter (II) Reply with quote

Previously I have posted some experiments with the ADSL splitter

I would like to submit all of the experiments to be done, including the old ones I posted in my old topic, and the new ones

Their schema can be found in

http://www.flickr.com/photos/80780504@N07/12291127016/

Experiment a)
Plug the telecommunication line into the input. Then in the output lines, I make the swapping. I plug the phone line to the internet output, and the internet line to the phone output
Then I dial the phone to call to a fax number
Surprisingly, I heard the busy tone, instead of fax tone.
Note: When I connect in normal way, plug the phone line to the phone output, and internet line to the internet output, this effect does not happen. That means I heard the fax tone as usual

Experiment b)
I make the looping back from the net output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red)
Then, I connect phone output to a telephone machine.
Result: No tone heard when I picked up the phone machine

Experiment c)
I make the connection between phone output and net output, by cutting into the cable and healing the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red), similarity as I did in experiment b)
Then, I connect phone output to a telephone machine.

Experiment d)

Wall line is plugged into the net output (Not the input). Then, I make the looping back from the phone output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the reverse color correspondingly (green to red, red to green)
Then, I connect input line to a telephone machine.
Note: If I repeat the same experiment by healing the wire with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red), no issue happens. The tone can be heard from the phone machine

Experiment e)
Wall line is plugged into the phone output (Not the input). Then, I make the looping back from the net output to the input. To do this, I cut into the cable and heal the wire inside, with the same color correspondingly (green to green, red to red)
Then, I connect input line to a modem to emit Internet signal
Result: No internet signal is created
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Electronics General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия