electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
What has happened to my workshop companion?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angus in Maine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: What has happened to my workshop companion?! Reply with quote

I have an 11" Panasonic television Model # CT-117 made in April 1977.

Old, I know, but it has been working fine until today. I used my small computer vac to clean out the dust inside and when I closed it up and turned it on it has lost it's picture.

Specifically, the picture is there but has become a thin bright line dead center on the screen from left to right with black above and below. The images can be seen moving with in this compressed line - color shifts along with brightness - but it is only an 1/8" wide!

Please help me if you can by telling me what might be wrong and if it is repairable.

Thanks in advance - Angus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn your T.V. off. That thin bright line is a full screens worth of brightness in a very small area. It will burn the phosphors. Get a torch and maybe a magnifying glass and look at the screen in the area that this bright line was. If you can see a thin black line in this area your phosphors are burnt.
If your tube is still O.K. look for any cables that may have been dislodged, especially those bigger wires that go to the coils on the back of the tube. Do NOT touch the really big Wire that goes to the suction cup! (unless you understand high voltage and how to discharge it)
Also check the service switch, it may be a switch or a short jumperwire that is disconnected. Sometimes the contacts get dirty in these switches. This switch is bigger than a computer switch.
There might be 'service' and 'normal' printed on the board or you may need the service manual to find it.

Let us know how you go with it. Smile
miguel_melo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you may have the Vertical deflection IC damaged.

But probally not since you opened the TV that it was working before you´ve clean it...
zalds

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: panasonic Reply with quote

or u have a cold solder on the verticl section
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия