electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Denon 3313 no power problem. help please!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightrider0614

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Denon 3313 no power problem. help please! Reply with quote

Hi,
I got this thing off of a friend because it wouldnt power on. Not in protection mode, but no light or relay click at all..

The weird thing is that I first did a reset by plugging it in while holding the info and back button and the display started flashing and the unit reset.

I then took it to my internet and was able to do the updates. I turned it on and off a few times then unplugged it and took the unit back to my bench to test everything else.

Guess what? nothing. no lights, clicks nothing. I don't think that I even jostled this thing as I only carried it about 20 feet or so.

Checked all of the fuses and they appear ok.

I don't see power going to the main relay but there is power coming in. Is this common for this unit? I have been searching the internet but am having a hard time finding anything repair wise about this unit. I am trying to pull voltages but need a bit of a starting point!

Thanks for your time,
Jeff
vtech

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,
I used to work with Denon equipment for a long time and while I've been out of consumer electronics field for several years, I can tell you that in general it was one of the least service friendly units. More likely it is still the same.
Over the years, they have crammed more and more in a package to keep up with the trends. This has made it even more difficult when service is needed.
First and foremost, if you do not have schematics, I would not even get involved. More than likely there is a need for a set of custom wiring jigs just to be able to test the unit. A possible nightmare to say the least.

Not being familiar with the specific model, I can only give you a basic overall circuit when dealing with no power.Now you mentioned that you were able to get net updates which usually points to a working unit as far as working channels and more likely overall biasing.
Still there may be a system control issue preventing it from starting.
In general, you'd have an ASIC processor that is powered by a standby voltage that runs as soon as it is plugged in. A power on command turns on a small relay and it goes from there.---by the way, Denons were notorious for processor problems.
On some units, they were voltage markings on the boards that could be helpful but like I mentioned, without documentation or specific familiarity it is a shot in the dark.

Good Luck

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, I don't think it's getting any voltage to the first relay off the main power. I am thinking the standby supply is the problem as there is no clicks at all from the unit.

I am trying to get a schematic for the unit but it's pretty new. I was thinking it may be a bad x2 cap off the main but I checked it and it read 88nf for a .1 250v and had an esr of 6.5 ohms.

Without the standard by power I don think anything will even initialize.

Jeff
srb151

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: denon no power Reply with quote

I have fixed a few Marantz 7001 units which look similar. The problems I've
seen have to do with a loss of 15/-15v from the power supply board due to blown fuse res.istors (I think from overheating/lack of ventilation). Check
for proper 15 and -15 from the power supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия