electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Samsung MODEL 50B450B1D
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rlreynolds1971

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Samsung MODEL 50B450B1D Reply with quote

I have a plasma samsung tv model 50B450b1d. The tv clicks but does not give me a picture. I am an electronics tech experienced in areas other than tv's. have fixed some tv's in the past with this sites help so I am capable so please give me some technical advice on this repair. First off I have my red led lighting up, I hear the two relays click so the power supply is trying to come on but it turns right off. I removed the back and inspected the power supply all caps appear good no swelling no leaking. I first removed all cables but the power coming in. I removed the cable going to the logic board, and jumper'd the 5V to the PS on one cable and 5V to Stby pin to allow the power supply to come on and it does. I checked voltages. This ps board had 5.3V and 15 volts. I have my 5.3 Volts but I did not measure any 15 Volts on any of the designated pins. It is easy to say change the board but I would like to repair mine. The board part number is PSPF520501A. One question is would I have to jumper the VS/on on both cables to get the Va and Vs voltages to kick on? just curious. Other question can anyone give me a schematic for that power supply or tell me what to check. thanks guys I really appreciate it, and my 3 young children appreciate any help cuz this is for their video games. thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=BN44-00274A&kategoria=&kat2=all
Rlreynolds1971

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Samsung MODEL 50B450B1D Reply with quote

well they did not show the schematics for this model any other options you may have for me? thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rlreynolds1971 wrote:
The board part number is PSPF520501A. One question is would I have to jumper the VS/on on both cables to get the Va and Vs voltages to kick on? just curious. Other question can anyone give me a schematic for that power supply

https://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn44-00274a-power-supply-unit.htm

If you scroll down on SJ page you will see that your board number subs over to the numbers at ET. Scroll down at ET site (after making your choice of one of the three) under preview pane and wait until "Get Manual" appears.

They may also have a troubleshooting manual for a (PN)50B450B1D - http://elektrotanya.com/samsung_pn50b450_troubleshooting_guide.pdf/download.html
Rlreynolds1971

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I see it now. I did not realize those other numbers crossed over, they are actually on the board I have as well. So awesome. I have a question now. To make the board turn on on the bench Is this what I need to do?

For Low Voltage
Jumper PS_ON to standby on connector CN801
Jumper 5.3V to PS_ON on connector CN802

For Vs and Va Voltage
Jumper what?

I jumpered for low voltage and the power supply turned on I only had the 5.3Volts but had no 15Volts, I am assuming the absence of 15 volts is the issue with the board but I'm assuming I will look at schematic the power supply schematic on the bottom of the first link you sent me is the one. thanks
Rlreynolds1971

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Samsung MODEL 50B450B1D Reply with quote

Well I broke down and found one on ebay pretty cheap they claim it's good so we will see. Would you agree with my troubleshooting below:

The tv has the standby voltage as my red led on front of set is lit up, and I measured it 5 volts.

When turning on the tv you hear both relays click on and then the set turns itself off. red led remains lit.

I opened the back of the set and disconnected all cables that go to the x and y boards, so the only thing connected was the cable going to the logic board to turn on the tv. Even then the set just turns on...then you hear the two relays and then off again. So It must be the power board correct?
thanks again for your help.

The only schematic that was on that website was close but not exact, I figure for the money it really was more cost effective to just order a board, by the time I buy some of the parts and my time, heck I'm half way there money wise.
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one was 'close?'
Rlreynolds1971

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SAMSUNG BN44-00274B SCH was the only one that came up. The components dont really match up not all of them but some of them. Mine is a BN44-0027A. thanks
jts1957

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
http://elektrotanya.com/?q=showresult&what=BN44-00274A&kategoria=&kat2=all

??'274A' & '274B' were BOTH listed??
Rlreynolds1971

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i downloaded the A version it looks like what i have, i did not download it because it did not say power supply it just said inverter but the whole circuit is on there my fault. Do you agree with the fact that it is probably the power supply board in my troubleshooting process ? thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия