electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Harman Kardon SoundSticks III possibly cracked PCB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fkarlsson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Harman Kardon SoundSticks III possibly cracked PCB. Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I own a pair of HK SoundSticks III which I use as my causal speakers for my PC. Over the years the subwoofer have been standing underneath my desk and occasionally (read: always) I rest my feet on it. I've had some problems where the sound has become distorted/disappeared and to solve it I've more or less lightly kicked the subwoofer a bit and the problem has solved itself.

This is, of course, not the correct way to handle equipment and subsequently it's now broken.

I work with electro engineers so I had one of them take a look at the PCB inside the subwoofer and we could conclude that the current never reaches the regulator which powers the rest of the board. There is no current through the LED and no sound. This is most probable because some inner layer of the PCB has cracked.

I'm looking for someone that has some knowledge about this board or even better, an electrical schematic of the PCB.

I have not tried contacting HK about this issue, but I don't think they would give out info like this to a regular customer?

If someone here has HK SoundSticks III and are willing to disassemble it that would help too! If I can find out where the PCB has cracked and where to patch past it that might solve the problem. We think we know where to do it, but it could be possible that we miss some filters on the way since there is no way of knowing how the components are connected in the inner layers.

Thankful for any help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия