electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Proscan TV no picture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdho172

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject: Proscan TV no picture Reply with quote

I have a proscan tv model # PLDED5068A. When I turn it on the red light in the lower left comes on but there is no picture or sound. The set doesn't even sound like it wants to turn on. Is this the power supply board or something completely different?

Thank you in advance for any positive input

Pete
jts1957

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you KNOW the sound(s) it makes when it turns on 'normally'?
pdho172

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: its not the power supply Reply with quote

I installed a new power supply with no luck. Could it be the eeprom?
minnie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: Proscan TV no picture Reply with quote

pdho172 wrote:
I have a proscan tv model # PLDED5068A. When I turn it on the red light in the lower left comes on but there is no picture or sound. The set doesn't even sound like it wants to turn on. Is this the power supply board or something completely different?

Thank you in advance for any positive input

Pete

My heart goes out to you on this POS. I'm working on a wonderful PLDED5066A-E. I know it's the power supply but I'm to cheep to buy a new one! I'd suspect the main board with no picture and sound. It's made by Curtco International Ltd.
315 Attwell Drive
Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 5C1
Phone: 1-800-968-9853
Fax: (416) 674-2135
Email: [email protected]
[email protected]
They can get you parts if need be. Ebay and shopjimmy are a great resource! http://www.shopjimmy.com/proscan-a14060433-main-board-for-plded5068a.htm look for the tm # in this case T.MS3393.72. I'm not saying this is the one you have, you need to get the part number off the board in the set. If it is the T.MS3393.72 which is just a blind @@@ guess http://www.ebay.com/itm/Proscan-PLDED5068A-T-MS3393-72-Main-Board-/261973988030?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0& ishash=item3cfeddd2be is a cheaper option. Curtco shipped me a new power supply for $37.33 US I'm using the good one to figure out the old one to component level. And that included shipping. Be resourceful and you'll find the cheapest repair option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия