electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Compal EM599 LCD TFT 19" Desktop monitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
survivor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Compal EM599 LCD TFT 19" Desktop monitor Reply with quote

Hi there, I'm new to the forum.
I'd like to ask You people a favor. My compal Em599 monitor went off lately and all I know it doesn't turn on, instead its blinking. I was looking all over the internet for some info about the power light error codes for it but with no luck. So I went looking for a service manual but also there are nothing to find about it. I opened the monitor hoping to find broken capacitors but the power PCB looks like new. Nothing suspicious, no sign of burnt electronics, nothing in it. Don't even know the voltages to check without the service manual. I can provide the picture of the power PCB if You like. The power light on it behaves like that:
After powering it the light is orange, then green, blinks few times orange\green then stays in both orange and green for about 3s, goes off and the sequence starts over. Screen stays black for all the time. No reaction after connecting to PC. PC is fine for 100%, checked with different display. Normalny it should turn on, show "no signal" and go to the suspend mode. I need service manual or error codes description at least. Please can someone help me out with it? Thanks in advance.
jts1957

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of:

http://marsbox.com/blog/howtos/planar-pl-lcd-monitor-fix/

Shouldn't hurt to try (he says).

Either that or possible a 'looks good, but still is bad' electrolytic capacitor. Board numbers might help.
survivor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jts1957 wrote:
Reminds me of:

http://marsbox.com/blog/howtos/planar-pl-lcd-monitor-fix/

Shouldn't hurt to try (he says).

Either that or possible a 'looks good, but still is bad' electrolytic capacitor. Board numbers might help.

Thank You man!!! Method no. 1 worked for me, had to try few good times, was already sure it wont work but it did, the led stayed green and I'm on it right now! Thank You again!Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия