electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Service Manual for Becker Mexico Pro CC 4527 and/or CD4627

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VinceR21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Service Manual for Becker Mexico Pro CC 4527 and/or CD4627 Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I happen to be in love with these old Becker Mexico Pro car stereos, why not.

I have just bought a couple of them, as stated in the subject title, they are a CC4527 and CD4627. Same basic models, except the former being the older of the two, feature a cassette tape player, whereas the latter is the newer/revised model and replaced the tape unit with a CD player. But other than that, they are similar, and Becker actually provided a single user manual for both models.

Being very curious (and being an electronic guy), I would just love to have the schematics and service manuals for these two units ! I just love to know as much as possible about whatever gear I own.

This documentation will also help me fix a couple issues with the CC model, as well as help me reverse engineer part of it, to help me implement a little mod/project I am working on at the moment.

I am asking here first, I have not yet tried to contact Becker direct for that documentation. Will do if needed of course.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have these precious and interesting documents in his possession ! ...whoever you are, if you even exist.... saying a prayer right now ! Laughing

I saw there is a section of this forum which does offer a few service manuals or schematics for Becker units, so I guess Becker is not totally opposed to sharing these "secrets" with the world. After all, these units are 20 year old now, and Becker is not even in the car stereo business any more it appears, so what could they be afraid of.

Regards,

--
Vince
VinceR21

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody ?

Well, I did find the service manuals in the end, some company/website was selling them. Wasn't all that expensive so I went for it (after I contacted Becker's HQ in Germany and they telling me that they couldn't help anymore).

I uploaded them on this forum, my little contribution as a thank you for the 3 times this forum helped me finding the security code to my units. Hope the manuals help some people.

They are quite nice : they are complete : circuit diagrams/schematics, block diagrams (the two are linked interactively: you can click on a block diagram and it will take you to the corresponding schematic page), as well as a full BOM/parts list.

The manuals encompasses the entire model range that use this chassis, apparently code-named "MJ98" internally. So that treats the models of the Mexico and Mexico Pro range :

Mexico (entry level model, using segment displays) : CC 4327 (tape) and CD 4337 (Disc)

Mexico Pro (top of the range, using dot matrix display) : CC 4527 (tape), CD 4627 (Disc) and MD 4937 (Mini Disc)
jts1957

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Je vous remercie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Service manuals & datasheets All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия