electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Sony KV-A2511D picture flashes on warming up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
otto

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: Sony KV-A2511D picture flashes on warming up Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Sony KV-A2511D that flashes the picture during the first 20 minutes when I turn it on. After that it's fine.

I read on this site soldering is often the cultprit on these TV's. I've done my best to resolder as many joints as possible but to be honest I cannot (or actually don't know how to ) recognise bad joints. From the tips database I understood the "LOPTx earth pin" might cause the problem, but I don't know where it's located. I do have de AE-1 diagram but cannot find it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larger connections and the ones that get hot may have a ring around them from constantly heating and cooling. Others have dirty leads when they were soldered and you have to look for the colour of the lead poking through. Then there are hairline cracks. Wiggle the larger components and you may see the lead move. Look with a magnifying glass and you may or may not see them. One touch with the soldering iron usually will tell you. Completely desolder the connection and resolder it. Line OutPut Transformer earth would be under the Line OutPut Transformer wouldn't it? Either in the middle of the pins or on the outside of them. Resolder all of the big pins with a large iron.
gary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF THE FLASHING OCCURS MORE ON CHANGE OF SCENE BRIGHTNESS LEVEL AND RESULTS IN MUTING OF THE SCREEN THE CAUSE IS MORE LIKELY TO BE THE CRT HAS REACHED THE END OF ITS SERVICEABLE LIFE, THE TVS AUTO GREYSCALE CIRCUIT WILL BE STRUGGLING TO BALANCE THE EMMISION FROM THE CRT AND AS A RESULT MUTES THE OUTPUT,
Otto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Line OutPut Transformer earth would be under the Line OutPut Transformer wouldn't it? Either in the middle of the pins or on the outside of them. Resolder all of the big pins with a large iron.

Yeah, only problem was I didn't know what the Line OutPut Transformer was. But already found it. Didn't fix the problem though.

The flashing only occurs when I turn the TV on, for the first 10 minutes or so (20 minutes was a bit exaggerated). It does seem to occur shorter now (only 3-4 minutes or o). I don't think the CRT is wearing out, the TV hasn't been used a lot and after 'warming up' it works flawlessly.
zalds

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: sony Reply with quote

hard to say but maybe the picture tube is slowly deteriorating check for negative voltage of your [g] pins and screen voltage......increasing the screen voltage can fix the problem temporaryly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия