electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Standby light on Philips LCD Blinks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Standby light on Philips LCD Blinks Reply with quote

Hello,

Reference to my Philips LCD 32PF9967D.
I've been reading all over the place on how if something from Philips goes wrong, the standby light tends to start flashing some weird code at you. Well this is exactly what I'm getting.

It’s not a massive problem at the moment, because I can still watch my TV normally, the problem happens in fact when I turn the TV to standby. For a few seconds everything will seem normal, and then suddenly the standby light will start to flash 6 times (the last flash is longer then the others). Once this happens it's impossible to turn the TV back on without switching it off and on at the mains.

To make matters worse, it sometimes will turn off fine (I know that sounds stupid, as in its worse, but I know how intermittent problems can be annoying). It tends to only happen if the TV has been on for around 4 hours or more.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, or what the 6 blinks on the standby light might mean? I have only had the TV now for 3 months, but I just have a feeling if I try to send the TV back at the moment, knowing my luck the fault won’t happen when they check it, and I'll be left with a nice "call out" charge.

Anyway, any help on this problem will be great, thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия