electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Apex model PF3230 TV has black bars on top and bottom screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fire7882

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Apex model PF3230 TV has black bars on top and bottom screen Reply with quote

Black bars randomly appeared on my apex model PF3230 tv screen. Does anyone know how this might have happened? From everything I have read, there isn't a setting that would allow it to do this. I provided a picture below. I'm willing to pay someone who can help me solve this problem.

[/img]
Lisander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice CNN on your photo. Does it appear in specific tv programs and/ or only on speciffic TV channels?
Does it also appear/ dissappear during commercials f.e.?

My reason to ask is because of the new TV format some channels are staring to broadcast. The 4:3 format is going out and 16:9 is on it's way in. The black bars are then basicly following the same principal like when watching a widescreen DVD movie on a normal TV set.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happens on all stations and even with the dvd player. When you watch a dvd in widescreen, the bars are twice as big
Lisander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably faulty capacitors in the vertical scan. First overview would be to visually locate any bloated capacitors
(like the ones on the picture)
(please note that the image is of an ibook G5 circuit board,not a TV but the symptoms are the same).
Lisander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. the link didn't work. Maybe this one does: http://www.pbase.com/johncoggi/image/40667989
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия