electronics, repairs, service manuals and datasheets discussion community for the repairs professionals and technicians
FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Out
Rotel RMB-1095 wont turn off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe_H

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: Rotel RMB-1095 wont turn off Reply with quote

Hello all

This is my first post so please excuse any items I may over look

I have a Rotel RMB-1095, which is several years old. It is triggered by an Anthem AVM-20 pre/pro. The amp is on a dedicated 20amp circuit. It has a buzz in the speakers, which is a pain, but that is not why I am here.

Like most Rotel amps once it was triggered it would flash the LEDs on the front then click and come on. When I turned it off it would click and the power would drop out. Once and a while it would not click and the amp would stay on. I would just fire the pre/pro again and it usually would shut off on the second try. This has ended and the amp will not turn off

I noticed I was not getting the click. I started by pulling the trigger and trying the front switch, this did not work. I then killed the breaker, thinking it was confused and had to be reset. The power switch showed off, but the amp was on. I considered heat build up, so I killed the breaker and let it set for 36 hours and still the same scenario.

I am assuming the relay is the click and it is fused in the on position. So do I just replace the relay, or is there something else in the circuit that can cause this? I was unable to locate a service manual or a schematic for this amp. The closest one I found was a RB-1090.

Any help would be great. We can talk about the ground problem next time
Joe
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Electronic equipment repair and service manual search discussion Forum Index -> Equipment Repairs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

eServiceInfo on FB - Service Manuals Free Download - Service Diagrams

Free TV Schematics Download - HARDW.net - Pinout Master - Jabse Service Manual Search - Jabse.InK  - onTap.bg

SnimkiOt.com - Poblizo.com : пътешествия